Ch5. Wands

*Edited*

He is an old man, with his wide eyes and pale grey hair, standing before us.

"Ah yes." He half-whispers.

"Yes, yes. I thought I'd be seeing you soon. Harry and Sarah Potter. It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands," he says calmly. "Your mother favoured a nice wand for charm work. Ten and a half inches, swishy, made of willow. Where as your father favoured a mahogany wand. Eleven inches. Pliable. Although rather powerful and excellent in transfiguration."

I look at him, listening intently.

He knew my parents.

Well, a little bit...

"But we all know that the wand chooses the wizard."

I already know this as I grew up in the wizarding world.

"Well, ladies first," He says to me. "Which is your wand arm?"

"Er, my right arm," I say holding out my arm.

He takes out a long tape measure and measures me from shoulder to finger, wrist to elbow, shoulder to floor, knee to armpit and around my head.

He then disappears behind the back and comes out with a few wands.

"Mahogany and Unicorn Hair. Eight inches. Flexible." He says handing me a redish-brown wand.

I take it and wave it.

Nothing happens.

Ollivander snatches it from me almost at once.

"Hmm. Try this: Ebony, with Phoenix Feather and Unicorn Hair. Eight and a half inches. Springy. It is a very powerful wand. Two cores."

It's really pretty. It is a medium brown wand with pink flowers entwining around it.

I take the wand and feel a sudden rush of warmth.

As soon as I wave it, blue and gold sparks shoot out and dance around me.

"Very good. Interesting. Take care of that wand, as it is extremely powerful. If you use it for Dark magic, it will be powerful, the same as for Good. Now the gents," Ollivander says, taking out the tape measure again and measuring Harry.

He goes around the back and returns with more wands again.

"Beechwood and Dragon Heartstring. Nine inches. Nice and flexible."

Harry takes the wand and waves it but Ollivander takes it and gives him another wand.

"Maple and Phoenix Feather. Seven inches. Quite whippy."

Harry tries, but it is snatched away again.

He tries and tries again, but nothing is happening.

"Tricky customer. Don't worry we'll find one," Ollivander says. "Try this: Holly and Phoenix feather. Eleven inches. Nice and supple," he says handing Harry, yet another, wand.

Once Harry waves this wand, sparks shoot out of the wand just like mine except red and gold.

"Curious...curious..." Ollivander mutters.

"Sorry," says Harry, "but what's curious?"

I was just about to ask the same thing.

Must be a twin thing.

"I remember every wand I've ever sold. It so happens that the Phoenix whose tail feather resides in yours and Sarah's wands, gave another feather-just one other. It is very curious indeed that you should be destined for this wand, when it's brother-gave you those scars," he tells us both.

I swallow hard.

"Yes, thirteen and a half inches. Yew. Curious indeed how these things happen. The wand chooses the wizard remember...after all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things-terrible, yes, but great."

I shiver.

I pay my six galleons, ten sickles for my wand while Harry pays his seven and we leave the creepy shop.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We walk back down the road until we see Dad and Bonnie and we go over to them.

"Hello again Sarah, Harry," Dad says.

"Sarah! Have you seen the new Nimbus 2000? It is so much better than our old Comet Two Sixties!" Bonnie half yells

"Yeah I have, it is soo awesome!" I say back.

Bonnie then shows me her wand which she must have bought just before Harry and I. Her's is Beechwood and Unicorn Hair.

We keep walking back to the Leaky Cauldron when we see Hagrid standing outside Eyelops Owl Emporium carrying two cages, one with a beautiful snowy owl and the other with a nice tawny owl.

"There yer are! Here's yer birthday present, Harry, Sarah. I got one fer Bonnie too," He says.

"Wow. they're beautiful Hagrid. Thanks, but I already have an owl, so Harry can have one and Bonnie can have the other," I say.

"Yeah, she is really beautiful Hagrid." Harry tells Hagrid, staring at the snowy owl.

"So yeh like her? Hagrid asked.

"Yeah!" Harry said.

"You can have that one and I'll have this one?" Bonnie suggests, looking at the tawny owl.

"Okay," Harry says, taking the snowy owl from Hagrid, while Bonnie takes the tawny.

"Hmm, I think you should name her... Snow White. Isn't that the name of that muggle cartoon princess?" I say to Harry.

"Yeah, but no," Harry disagrees. "I'll name her...Hedwig."

"That's a nice name too." I say to him.

"I'll name mine Holly." Bonnie says.

"Nice name." I say to Bonnie.

"I knew yeh had an owl, Sarah, so I got yeh this," Hagrid says, pulling out of his pocket a pretty charm.

It's an owl charm.

I sense a theme here.

"Thanks, Hagrid," I say, taking the charm.

I'll find a bracelet to put this on when we get back home.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

All as a big group: Harry, Hagrid, Bonnie, Dad and I walk back to the Leaky Cauldron to book some rooms for the night.

Bonnie, Harry and I share a room while Dad has his own but Hagrid has to go back to Hogwarts, although he does give Harry, Bonnie and I our train tickets.

For the rest of the afternoon, Bonnie, Harry and I walk around the shops, with Bonnie showing us all the cool places (Dad is in the pub).

Then at 6:00, Bonnie, Harry and I go back to the Leaky Cauldron for dinner (which Harry shouted as he wanted to thank us for shopping with him) then we go straight up to bed.

Bonnie, Harry and I start talking about our-selves, Hogwarts and just catching up from the past.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the morning, Dad, Bonnie and I go back home while Harry goes back to our Aunt and Uncle's place.
From what he'd told me they were really mean. They chucked him in the cupboard under the stairs to live, for crying out loud!

I am still psyched about meeting Harry and can't wait until September 1st when I will be seeing him again at Hogwarts.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N-

I really do hope that you guys are liking the story.

I have changed the way that I'll be uploading, i will be writing on weekends and posting on weekdays.

I also won't be editing until the weekend as i am not allowed on my laptop on weekdays because of school

Love you guys

Thanks :)