Just me

What is unique? Unique; Being the only one of its kind: Unlike anything else. Is anyone actually unique? like honestly does anyone actually have nothing in common with anyone else where it makes them very special in their own way; Unique. In my opinion no one is actually unique but just being themselves which makes them, them. So the answer to what makes me, me well that's kind of tough.

I read this contest details on the bus ride to school. All day at school I could not stop thinking of what makes me unique or at least what makes me special in my own little way. I came up with a small list in math class naming some of my traits.

- My love for art

- My love for dance

- My clumsiness

- When I laugh for no reason when I'm so tired and out of it

- My strange laugh that makes me cringe

- How I love to write

- My obsession with reading romance books because I'm a hopeless romantic

All the things on that list made me think and then I realized that maybe just maybe everyone is actually unique in their own way. I realized that it didn't matter if anyone else had the same traits I have, because no one in this world has all the same exact traits I have. if anyone else had the exact same traits that I have that person would probably be a clone or a robot... Aha.

But really all those things on that list made me curious as to what really made me, me. I got home from school the same day I made the list of all my traits and went to my room ignoring my siblings and their request for me to play outside with them. I looked in the mirror and look closely at myself.

What I saw in the mirror was a fifteen year old girl with big blue curious eyes staring back at me. With a straight face and no smile, she looked broken in a way.  She had red gorgeous locks and freckles everywhere on her she looked right into my eyes and I saw the pain she had, all her insecurities. I looked away from the mirror for a brief second and then I looked back into the mirror I saw the same girl but she had a smile on her face, she was looking behind me at my little sister, Bailey.

My smile grew when my sister came to me and sat on my lap, I looked in the mirror one last time and the insecure girl was gone and replaced with the once known happy girl I once was. I realized all those traits about me are what make me who I am today. I knew exactly what made me unique, my family, my weird and huge family.

My family helped me become the strange unique girl I am and honestly, I love who I have become in my fifteen years of living.