Gratitude

Everything we have in our life is a gift from Allah whether it be big or small. When we receive a small gift from our friends we get so grateful to the extent where the gift itself isn't what we value, but we value the fact that our friends have thought of us. However when it comes to our creator, the one who is thinking of us every moment of our lifes, we become very ungrateful. We are blinded to the gifts Allah has given because we keep looking at those above. We don't realise that we should be grateful to Allah no matter what we have because every aspect that Allah has given us is specific to our needs and our capacities. Allah gives us gifts that are different and of different magnitudes because Allah has created us all different even if we look the same. We are all the same in the essence where everything given to us is not earned and deserved by us. Why do we then take all the credit for the success we gain in our life, but we find it soo easy to blame Allah when things go wrong. We should from the start realise, accept and be grateful that every fortune and misfortune is from Allah. Allah always gives us the best in every direction but, what we fail to understand is that everyone of us is different and thus everyone of us have different needs. So why is it that we compare? It's simple. It's because we lack understanding.