Prologue.

The black fixed up 85 Chevy groans to a stop in the middle of the huge field.

The field is overgrown in tall grass and weeds that are a grayish color.

The scene before me is black and white, not one ounce of color.

I giggle, as Gale pokes my side.

I smile and scoot closer to him, leaning my head on his shoulder and he kisses my head, "Does your dad still hate me?"

"He isn't particularly fond of you... But I don't think you should use such a strong word."

"He acts like he hates me."

"I don't want to talk about him right now. I want to spend time with you." I say, getting on my knees so I straddle his lap.

I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss him.

He slides his hands up and down my sides and kisses me back, biting my lip.

I smirk as I grab his wallet and bolt out of the truck door, taking off deeper into the field. I glance back and gasp as he pounces and wrestles me to the ground playfully.

I land on my back with his arm under me and him stomach against my side.

He pulls me closer, rubbing my cheekbone softly with his finger.

His eyes fill with desire and he leans in and plants his lips to mine.

His lips force mine open and his tongue explores my mouth, I move so I straddle him as I kiss him.

He kisses my lips then my forehead and he goes to nibble on my ear, "Your father showed up at my house the other day."

"What?" I say, angry that he brought my dad back up.

"Yeah. He wanted to tell me never to see you again."

"He just doesn't necessarily like you, can we not worry about him right now?"

"He is starting to creep me out." he says, "He shows up everywhere."

"He wants to know everything about you, it doesn't mean anything." I say, climbing off of him.

"Where are you going?"

"Take me home, Gale."

"But." he reaches for me.

"No. I asked you to drop it. You kinda ruined that moment. Take me home." I say, walking toward the truck.

I pull myself up and into the truck cab and slam my door. I push my body against the door and glare out the window as Gale climbs in.

"Babe..."

"Don't." I say, "You always do this."

"Please." he says.

"Drive, Gale." I say.

He sighs and shakes his head, starting the truck.

He pulls down my road and when he pulls into my driveway my father sits there with his shotgun.

"That is what I'm talking about. It's like he knows things." he says.

I throw a glare at him, "I'll see you at school Gale."

I shut the door and walk up the driveway.

I walk up to my father and he glares as Gale pulls out and starts to drive away.

He turns to me right before Gale turns off our road and punches me across the jaw.

Gale's truck skids to a stop and I crumple to the ground.