Chapter 3

Soon the man gets up to leave, then you notice that you haven't been drinking your coffee at all, and start to gulp down the last bit inside. It was cold. You tossed it in the trash, almost forgetting your purse wanting to catch up with the man you didn't even know the name of yet. Your eyes scanned the whole area of outside seeing the man on the sidewalk by the junction making a phone call. Damn, he was fast. You picked up your pace only then feeling the frigid breeze of the premature fall.

You started to stare at him again, seeing the way he furrowed his eyebrows slightly as he waited. Not so much impatient, but more so anxious. Your eyes trailed down to his stubble once again and then his soft, blush colored lips. A light layer of chap stick was applied to them, making you want to lick your own, even though you always thought of it as impolite. You looked down beginning to go into thought as he caught you off guard.

"Hey."

"Oh, hi," you responded stuttering a bit hesitantly. Then you made a blank expression and stupidly began walking across the street. You took your first step off the curb and realized what you were doing. The sign didn't say to go yet but there were no cars in the way. It's not like he man was going to be following you anyway. For all you knew he didn't even know you weren't supposed to start walking yet. Yes this would be considered jaywalking, but again, he didn't know. You wondered if he even did care. That's when a huge truck came bustling towards you at great speed...