mornings suck

"Tess! wake up!", a voice resembling mine woke me up, interrupting my sleep.

"mmph. go away!" I managed to mumble as I pulled my covers higher and tighter.

"but tesssss! it's the last day of school" the same voice continued to whine.

"what? oh, yeah." I murmured as I started to stretch, " ok, I'm up, go away." I yawned in my younger sister, Ellie's, face. she practically skipped out of my room, already fully dressed.

I almost smiled as I stood and opened my closet, getting dressed, this was my last day at Charleston High school forever. never, would I have to go back to that bitch-filled torture house.

I quickly put my makeup on and did my hair into a side braid.

"Tess! We're going to be late!" I swear my sister can't tell time,

"Ellie, it's only 6:40, shut up!".

I did a quick check in the mirror, making sure I looked like I couldn't care less. I rocked my denim high wasted shorts, nirvana crop top and mint green vans.

I slowly and purposely walked down our long, spiral stairs, angering my impatient 12 year old sister who stood at the bottom.

"tesssssss! stop!"

"I'm not even doing anything", I grinned, satisfied.

"you're purposely being as slow as a dead sloth!".

I laughed, as I started to pick up my pace. I slipped past my sister at the bottom of the stairs and into the kitchen, grabbing a banana and granola bar.

"ok, come on El, I'm leaving", I practically laughed as I grabbed my backpack and scurried through the door connecting my kitchen and garage.

I slid into the drivers seat of our not at all stylish mini van as my sister sprinted out the door carried my youngest sister, 3 year old annie, and herding my 8 year old twin sisters Olivia and Rachael to the back seat.

Ellie glared at me as she plopped into the passenger seat next to me. "you know if you weren't my ride I"d say I hate you." she told me, and I actually laughed, her glare intensifying.

"careful", I smirked, "or I might drive slow too."