Chapter 12: Troubled Thoughts

I was perfectly lying on my bed waiting for the sun to rise. I haven’t taken a sleep yet since yesterday. I was still in the verge of shock. Summer, I want you to be my tutor. Those were the words of Lay that keeps bothering me.

“Why would he?” I grabbed a pillow at my right which I used to slap my face.

It was already 8 in the morning and as far as I remember, 9 in the morning, Lay would be coming. So I got up and started preparing.

I went downstairs to prepare Vanilla lattes, just in case Lay hasn’t taken his breakfast yet. And of course, the other one’s for me.

“Why are you so early today?” Auntie asked.

“I have an appointment today, Aunt.” I answered her.

“Appointment?” Her brow arched up, it seems that she’s really wondering.

I almost forgot the fact that I haven’t told her anything about Lay’s proposal. And so there, I told her everything. That Lay still wants me to be her Language tutor.

“So that’s it?” She ensures.

I just nodded as I continued preparing the Vanilla lattes.

It was already quarter to 9 in the morning when Lay arrived. He was wearing a black hoodie and a mask for a disguise. Good thing, there were no much customers around so Lay was quite free to remove his mask.

He greeted and said, “I just arrived on time, right?” He asked me and he flashed his usual innocent smile. “So? Care to come with me now?” He asked.

I froze. But my auntie bumped me as she was saying that ‘hey Summer, move.’ something like that.

“Uh... yes.” I replied shakily.

We immediately headed to his car which was parked at the back of the Jeguk Bldg. He opened the door for me and waited for me to be comfortable inside his car before he closed it.

We were seating on the back of the ever gorgeous black Mercedes Beinz. I wonder Lay owns it or the company or their family or I don’t really know.

I was busy gazing the beautiful scenery of Seoul by the window of the car, while Lay was just busy... sleeping. His eyes were closed, though his wearing a pair of sunglasses, I can still see his eyes. He was holding something, a tablet maybe? He was handling it like he was trying to show me that he was not really sleeping.

“Lay-ssi.” I called him. But of course, I got no response.

I was kind of bored inside the car. All I have in my pocket was my iTouch and my wallet. I also brought with me the Vanilla Lattes I made earlier. I took a sip on it, it was still delicious.

I noticed Lay moving. I thought that time, he was already awake. I offered him the Vanilla latte which was really intended for him.

“Thank you.” He said as he grabbed the Vanilla latte on my hand.

He started to take a sip on it and as far as I can see, he was enjoying the little joys brought by the Vanilla Latte.

How adorable is he—I cut myself from blowing thoughts like those. How can I think that way? I shouldn’t be like this.

“Are you okay?” He asked.

Sometimes, I find controlling your hormones really hard. That’s me, when I can’t control myself, I suddenly do something weird like... jumping while sitting?

He just smirked and said, “Oh I think we’re already here. We’re entering the safe-zone of the building. So don’t you worry, a few will only notice our arrival.” He winked.