F.A.M.E. : Forgiving All of My Enemies (Prequel)

“Live my life with no regrets. I try to show respect but you don’t give it. I guess you don’t understand when it might take me a life time to take it back. It might take you a lifetime to know the facts.”

-How I feel

Chris

“Now, Chris, the other day you tweeted that ‘Shit is overrated nowadays.’ What was that in reference to?”

“For me, I just feel like, ya’know everything is overrated. People make a fuss about bull, and nothing is ever good enough for people. I'm just over the aspect of trying to please people.” I replied, with a shrug while scrolling through my twitter feed. I had about ten minutes to wrap up this phone interview before leaving to catch my flight back to VA for the weekend.

“I feel you, bro.. So uh, the birthday, you’re turning 24, right?”

“Yep.”

“You’re celebrating in Vegas, right.”

“I have two birthday parties scheduled actually. One in Vegas and One in New York. We’re gonna have fun and chill with the fam and my fans.”

“Chris, have you ever had a surprise birthday party thrown for you?”

I chuckled, “Nah, I’m too nosey for all that. I’d be like ‘Aye, fuck are we going here for.’ It just wouldn’t work out.”

“What’s the best birthday present you could get.” Jackie inquired.

“Honestly, just peace. Apart from the bullshit and media on my back, just peace. But, you know I’m turning 24..I’m going to be in Vegas…I wanna see as many girls as possible.” I stated, prompting both Kyle and Jackie to laugh. Shit, it was the truth. I planned on turning the fuck up in every which way possible.

“So, hang on, if you want to see as many girls possible, what’s your status?” Kyle replied, as expected. Everybody wanted to know and I was willing to tell. I mean, I know my boundaries, but shit was never private between us anyway. “Are you going through this birthday solo?”

“Yeah, Ima do it solo. At the end of the day, Shawty doing her thang, she on the road. It’s always gone be love, but Ima do me. Ima grown man so I just gotta fast forward.”

The conversation switched slightly to a lighter subject before eventually switching back to Robyn and I. I’ve heard it all when it comes to us, but soul mates? Nah, they could chill with that.

“ I’ma leave it at this, because one thing I never wanna do is disrespect or put anyone down, but at the end of the day, I’m always gonna love that person and at the end of the day, people have different wants and needs. And, she’s a young a girl. I can’t be focused on wife-ing somebody that young. I have to just, like I said before, fast forward and be the best man that Chris Brown can be, ya’know. I gotta do me and just be focused on doing me instead of who’s gonna be in my side pocket.”

They both agreed before moving on to another topic: my music, what the interview was really supposed to focus on. I took a few fan calls and then ended with promoting my new album.

“The media’s gonna have a field day with this one.” Tina chuckled, as I handed her phone to her.

I shrugged, “Don’t they always.”

Jhené

“So, it seems that Rihanna and her ‘on again and off again’, Chris Brown, are indeed off again. The 23 year old took to the radio and spoke about where they stood at the moment. During an interview with the Australia’s radio show, “The Kyle and Jackie Show,” Chris did confirm that he and the Pour it Up singer did split, and I quote, “I can’t really be focusing on wife-ing somebody that young.”

I pulled my earphones out of my ears and slowed the treadmill to a steady walk.

I was sincerely sick of hearing about Chris and his publicity antics. His music is great, I, for one will admit. I own every cd there is of his, but his televised private life had never been appealing to me.

“Aye, Aiko!”

I rolled my eyes and slowed the treadmill to a stop. I could’ve sworn not a doorbell had been rung and yet this nigga was in my house.

“I’m in the gym.” I called out anyway.

Seconds later, Sean strolled into the room, all smiles.

“Yes, Mr. Anderson?” I raised an eyebrow.

He smacked his teeth. “That is no way to greet your guest.”

I chuckled, and stepped off of the machine and wrapped a towel around my neck. “Considering the fact that you feel comfortable enough to barge into my house uninvited, you’re no longer considered a guest.” I replied smartly. He leaned against the olive and auburn walls. “I guess.”

I nodded. “I bet.”

“Whatchu got going today?” he asked, following me out of the gym and into my kitchen.

I glanced at the clock before opening the fridge and grabbing a bottle of water. “I don’t have to pick Namiko up until later on this evening, so probably nothing much.”

“No life at all.” He shook his head and hopped onto my counter.

I laughed, “Well, excuse me, Mr. Big Sean. Not everyone is as fortunate as you.”

Yep, my bestfriend was none other than Big Sean himself. We’d been friends since the beginning of time though. I was actually involved with the music industry before he even considered it.

“Fuck that! You’re brother has how many grammy’s?”

I gave him a look. “That’s  my brother. We’re two different people.” In more ways than one.

“That’s not the point. What I’m saying is, if you wanted it bad enough you could be just as successful as him, shit and me too.”

I just shook my head, “But I don’t want to be. I’m comfortable.”

This was an on-going debate for us. See, I’d leave the lime light to Sean any day. I was doing what I loved, making money, and I still got to keep my privacy and the life I desired.

Having the media mark your every move, I wasn’t too fond of that. I was working on going back to school, which required me to put in more hours into my brother’s club. Trust, if I could fully devote myself to music and make the same amount of money I make at Frank’s club, I certainly would. I have a daughter to look after, though, and I wasn’t taking any chances.

“Come to the studio with me today.” He blurted, not looking up from his phone.

I scrunched up my nose and took a swig of water. “For?”

“I got a track I want you to get on.”

“How much you paying?”

He smacked his lips loudly, “Man, I gotchu! Don’t I always?!”

I shrugged. “I guess.”

“I bet. Now go get ready so we can leave. I got a schedule to keep up with.”

I kissed my teeth, “I can’t tell! You posted in my crib sitting ya’ funky ass on my kitchen counter.”

He looked up from his phone and  pretended to be startled when his eyes landed on me. “Damn, you still here!?”

 I mugged the shit out of him before taking my time making my way to the main bathroom.

I have no idea why I deal with his fuckery.

A/N: This is something I started and finished last year so updates will come pretty quickly!

The real interview that Chris's pov is based on is on the side.