Chapter 1

"Princess!"

"Princess!"

"Princess Catherine, please! Where are you?" I smirk as I hear Anna calling for me.

I giggle slightly as I sneak out of the bathroom.

I wander downstairs and peek my head through the big, huge doors. I push myself out and run across the huge, green palace yard.

I breathe in the fresh spring air and smile.

My name is Catherine Lark White. I am princess of the North Kingdom.

I ran out of the palace and snuck past the guards by the gates. I finally took a huge breath of air as I looked around.

I walked down the street and into a coffee shop.

"Wow." I whispered. I've only been in few places like this. If I wasn't trapped in the damn palace for so many years of my life, I could've made more friends. The only friend I have is Niall, Prince of Ireland.

Him and I are childhood friends, and he is the sweetest boy I have ever met. And I do must admit, he's good looking.

Speaking of Niall, we were visiting Ireland this evening for a party. North UK is close with Ireland and so is South UK.

South UK royalty was invited to the part as well, I heard.

History is not my thing, but I do know that South UK and North UK absolutely hated each other. Now we're okay, except some people hate each other still these days.

Me? I don't mind them. As long as they don't mock my family.

"Princess."

I turn around, and groan when I see Derek, one of the securities. Though he looked harsh, he is a kind and caring man. Him and I are very close, we have been ever since I was small.

"Alright. Let's go back home, Derek." I roll my eyes and offer him my arm. He grabs my arm and guides me to the black car.

I opened the car door and got in.

Derek drove me home, back to the huge, boring, white palace.

I sighed as I entered the palace doors and Anna comes rushing at me.

"Princess Catherine! I was worried sick!" She exclaimed.

"Anna, you're overreacting." I sighed. "I sometimes need fresh air too. Why does mum and dad always lock me inside?"

"The King and the Queen are very protective of you, you know that." Anna says.

"Yeah, yeah." I roll my eyes.

"We should get you ready for the party tonight! You'd want to look nice for the prince."

"Anna, Niall's only a friend." As I say this, I feel myself blush.

"Oh, I didn't mean prince Niall!" She waves her hands in front of her.

"Then who?" I ask.

"The prince of South UK, of course!" She says. I groan.

"Any reason why I must look nice for him?" I ask. Anna just smiles and pushes me upstairs.

"First, I need you to take a shower." A lady with red hair informs me.

"Alright." I say and go into the bathroom and take a shower.

I come back out and sit on a large chair while they worked on my hair.

I hate complicated hairstyles. My stylers know this, so they just curl my boring, bipolar sandy blonde hair and let it flow down my shoulders.

After they do my hair, they do my makeup. They don't do it heavily, just light colors.