1.0

Sapphire in MM

"Forever doesn't last to long." ~ Jasmine Sullivan

Sapphire's Pov

"I'm so sorry for your lost Sapphire."

I had been hearing that same line all week. People wouldn't leave me alone. I felt like my world was spiraling out of control.

My father and mother may have not been the best parents, but they didn't deserve to be murdered in cold blood.

The police report said they were both found with gun shot wounds in their heads execution style. There was no question that they were murdered.

Living in Los Angeles, the crime rate was high and no one was snitching about their murder. My parents were wealthy people who rarely bothered anyone.

Or so I Thought....

"Sapphire!" A voice yelling my name interrupted my thought process.

"May I help you?" I ask the elderly white man approaching me.

He wasn't a bad looking man and was well put together.

"Nice to meet you Sapphire. I'm your parent's lawyer. I have some papers you would need to go over in my office. Seeing as you just buried them, how about we meet Monday?"

I raise my perfectly arched eyebrows at him. I've never seen this man in my life.

Ray Sisco
Family Lawyer

"Can I see some identification and a buissness card?" I ask skeptically.

He hands over everything even pictures of him and my parents. I believe him and hand his things back over.

"I can definitely meet you. Monday is fine as long as my brother can tag along?"

"Definitely! Have a bless day Ms. Lennox. Also, I know you're tired of hearing this but, Sorry for your lost." He says then walks away.

The repass was set up at the house in my mom's rose garden. Many people came to visit. Some even came to be nosey and report back to others everything that happened.

After everyone left, the maids cleaned up everything and left. I had given them the next week off.

I believe everyone needed a break from this place. The sound of little cries floated from down the hall. I run to Cuban's room and see his little head moving wildly.

I pick him up and his crying immediately stops. He just wanted some attention. He falls quiet in my arms and I snap a quick picture of him on the stairs.

@TheRealSapphire: Cuban & I will live & conquer the world with God's help! 💙🙏

The picture instantly blew up with likes and comments.

Sitting my phone down, I carry Cuban into the kitchen with me. Remembering the conversation with the lawyer, I decide to call him now.

"Hello?"

"Mr. Sisco this is Sapphire Lennox. I was wondering if we could meet somewhere today. I plan on going away on vacation next week and I won't be available Monday." I say not wanting to tell him my life story.

"That's great. There's a cafe in the city called Cara Cara's. Can we meet there at 5 O' Clock?" He asks and I check the time.

Seeing it was three forty, I nodded my head even though he couldn't see me.

"Awesome. I will see you there." We exchange our parting words and hang up.

I take Cuban back to his room and start getting him dressed for the outting. I slip him on some navy blue joggers and pack his diaper bag full.

I sit him in his swing and roll it into my room. I turn Mickey Mouse Clubhouse on and go into the closet.

I put on a navy blue sundress and red All Stars Converse sneakers to match Cuban. I pull my hair up and make a quick bun.

******

Walking into the cafe, the hostess seats Cuban and I and then goes to get my Strawberry Lemonada. I give Cuban his bottle and he starts sipping as if he has no care in the world.

"Sapphire?"

I look up and see Mr. Sisco in street clothes. I stand up and shake his hand.

"Hello Mr. Sisco. Thanks for meeting me."

"You are surely welcome Ms. Lennox. Is this Cuban?"

I nod and he sits down pulling some papers out. He hands an enevlope to me.

"I was instructed to make you read this first before we discuss your inheritance." He says and I nod slightly confused.

Dear Sapphire,

  If you are reading this, this means our sins from our pasts have caught up with us. Your mother and I used to sell illegal guns and other weapons across the world. When you were born we quit the lifestyle, but you can never really quit. I was the second in command for the Kingston Cartel. In my day it was ran by Ramiro Kingston. His son has taken over and we owe them a great debt. You are to marry his son and carry on the Lennox and Kingston alliance. Failure to do so will lead to you and Cuban's inheritance vanishing. You will not be able to recieve your money until Mr. Sisco believes you are truely in love with Ramiro's son. We love you and we never wanted to leave you. I do not know who killed us but I do know you and Roman will find out. He will protect you and Cuban from the unknown danger.

Love your Padre

I feel tears running down my face and a sob escapes my lips. It was low but, Mr. Sisco heard it and his face showed sempathy.

"I really have to marry this man. Why?!" I ask not understanding fully.

"With the Kingston name behind you, you will be safe. Do you really think these people wont come after you and your brother next?"

I look down at Cuban and realize I can not let any hurt, harm, or danger come to him. I have to do this for my family.

"When do I meet this Mr. Kingston?"

"Tomorrow. As of right now you have a truck load of security surronding your house. You wont see them unless they want to be seen." He says and grabs my hand.

******

I make it home and a guard opens the door for me. I walk in after thanking him. I get Cuban settled for bed and get into bed myself.

I grab my phone and open my twitter. I see one of these hoes posted something two minutes ago and tagged me.

@Real.Foregin: These hoes lose their family and go ghost 😂 @TheRealSapphire #St8Facts

@TheRealSapphire: Bitch you irrelevant. You eat pussy for a living. Keep runnin ya loose ass mouth. Mouth just like that pussy.😘😂😏 @Real.Foregin #hatinahhhoes #downlowhoe #PullUpGameStrongAsf

My post instantly blows up. I'm famous because of my parents. The press followed me around because they know they can get me out of character. I need to work on that because after they catch wind of this marriage, they are going to be in my shit.