14.

"I can't believe this." Caroline said throwing her hands in the air an hour after Kol had left. "What is Matt thinking?!"

Elena came back from the kitchen, holding a mug of cocoa in her hand. "I think it's fine. Matt and Rebekah love each other." She said as she took a sip.

"He's 19, Elena! Who gets married at 19?"

Elena set the mug down on the table next to her. "Well -"

"Nobody!" Caroline shrieked loudly, cutting her off. "Nobody in their right mind would get married that young."

"I'm more worried about the fact that Rebekah is going to turn Matt into a vampire."

Caroline gasped, the realization only just hitting her. "Oh my God, you're right. I didn't even think about that!"

"What do you think, Bonnie?" Elena asked, turning to her.

Bonnie looked up from her cell phone. She hadn't been listening to their conversation. "What?"

"You're still looking at your phone? Kol's on his way back, he won't call you." Caroline pointed out.

Bonnie shook her head, dropping the phone in her lap next to Kol's rose. "I wasn't waiting for a call from him."

"Right…" Caroline said sarcastically, looking away.

"I think we have to go." Elena began a moment later. "I think we should go to Mystic Falls and see them."

Caroline looked at her. "You're not serious?"

Elena stood up hastily. "I'm deadly serious! This is Matt and Rebekah we're talking about. I think it would be good if we're all together to discuss the wedding."

Caroline stood up too. "Actually, you're right. Maybe I can talk them out of how crazy this wedding is!"

Elena eyes moved over to Bonnie. "Well, Bonnie?"

She looked like she was zoned out. When she realized they were talking to her, her head whipped to Elena. "Oh, um… I think I'll just go back to Charlottesville. There's something I need to do there. Actually, I'll go right now."

Caroline and Elena blinked in surprise. "Alright?"

Bonnie stood up and walked over to the kitchen. She chucked Kol's rose into the bin as Caroline and Elena watched on. "I'll come to Mystic Falls when I'm done." Bonnie said as walked by them and into the bedroom.

Elena exchanged a look with Caroline. "Something's up with her." She whispered, knowing Bonnie wouldn't be able to hear with her human hearing.

"It has to be something to do with Kol." Caroline offered. "She threw out his rose and you know what they mean to the both of them. Perhaps she's upset about him killing that bar full of people?"

Elena nodded, in thought. "Maybe."
_______________________________
"Last I heard, you and Matt had called it quits and now you're bloody engaged? What are you thinking?"

Kol was screaming into Rebekah's face as she just stood there and took it. He'd arrived to Mystic Falls just minutes before and had been yelling at her ever since.

"I thought you two were done for good."

Rebekah's eyes flared and they snapped up to him. "Matt came back. He told me everything, it was all a misunderstanding." She said in exasperation. "We got back together and then he told me he loved me and proposed and I said yes."

"Told you he loved you?" Kol cried incredulously. He threw his hands into the air. "Oh, well, now I know exactly why you're marrying him." He pointed a finger into her chest. "You fall for anyone who says those three little words to you."