Prologue

It was  Saturday night and Christopher was coming over. He told me that he wants some alone time with me before he goes to Florida for his business trip. I was happy that he was coming over because I missed him. He had been spending his entire time working that I thought I would not see him for a month.

My door bell suddenly rang and I happily skipped to my door. I opened the door and there, I saw him in his suit and tie. It was obvious that he just finished his work. I scanned his eyes and he scanned mine as well. I think that this is already a thing we used to do. We would always stare at each other's eyes when we meet and it felt like sparks are coming right off our eyes. Just by staring at his eyes, I could already feel how tired he was and also how excited he was to see me.

"Mind if I come in?" Christopher asked. I chuckled and happily opened the door.

He then went inside and placed the groceries he bought on my kitchen counter.

"How was work?" I asked as I untie his necktie and take his coat off.

"It was tiring, as usual. How about you? I missed you." He said and kissed me.

"It was alright, I am almost done with my painting and I can already send it to Ellie next week." I said. "So, what is it with the groceries?"

"I am going to cook for you. I know that you already missed my cooking." He said as he rolled up his sleeves and started to prepare  the dish that he will be cooking.

"That is brilliant then, I will just sit over here and try not to distract you." I said and smiled.

"That's great because we both know what happened last time I tried cooking for you." He said and laughed.

Oh yes, I remember. It was also another typical Saturday night. We were on a date but we decided not to eat outside and instead, Christopher offered that he will be cooking our dinner. But before he could open the stove, we were already making out on his kitchen counter top. I couldn't help myself back then, he was just too hot cutting those damn onions.

It was really tempting not to kiss him but I refrained myself and just kept on watching him cook. The food smelled amazing and so does its taste.

It was already midnight and we were still chatting and laughing. I heard him yawn and I already knew that he was already sleepy.

"You should sleep, you have a long flight tomorrow afternoon." I said and hugged him as we lay on bed.

"You should sleep too, you still have a painting to finish." He said and kissed my forehead.

"Goodnight." I said as I hugged him tighter.

"Goodnight too, love." He said and we then drifted off to sleep.

------

It was happening again, I am dreaming about how people will die.

Tonight, I was dreaming about a man. He was kind of tall and he has a nice build. As my vision got clearer I realized who the man was.

It was Christopher.

No! It can't be, he can't die!

He was jogging and he was wearing his black sweat pants and his gray hoodie. Those were the clothes he brought today. I tried shouting at him but I knew it was useless because this was only a dream and I am only here to see what is bound to happen.

My eyes followed him and as he was about to cross the street, a huge white truck slammed unto his body causing his body to bounce off the truck and onto the cold street. His body was wet with blood and my tears were flowing before I even realized it. I ran to him and tried to touch him but I knew I couldn't because this was only a dream. It wasn't real and it still hadn't happened yet. My eyes suddenly caught the time on an old lady's watch who was already calling for help. It was 7:11 in the morning. The accident happened at 7:11 in the morning.

I need to wake up and try to stop this from happening. I tried pinching myself but it didn't work. I tried everything I could but nothing seem to work and so I closed my eyes and concentrated.

I suddenly woke up, hoping that he was beside me and the thing that I was most scared off happened. He already left. I immediately stood up and called his name.

"Christopher!" I yelled but no one answered. I ran into the kitchen looking for him but only to find a note saying: "I will just go for a morning jog my love. I will also try to buy some strawberries for you. love, christopher."

He is gone. He already went outside.

I ran outside barefoot and in my pajamas but I didn't care. I need to find him. I grabbed someone's hand and looked to see what time it was.

7:04. It was 7:04 in morning and I only got 7 minutes left. I try to recall what street he was crossing and my mind went blank.

"YOU NEED TO REMEMBER GOD DAMN IT!" I shouted at myself, everyone was looking at me strangely but I didn't care. I need to find Christopher.

My mind was suddenly racing back to my dream. I scanned the images that crossed mind and I remembered that the old lady was the owner of the flower shop on Rose street.

I run as fast as I could to Rose street and I saw the time at a restaurant across the street. 7:09. 2 minutes left. I run faster and I saw Christopher about to cross the street.

"CHRISTOPHER! STOP!" I yelled. He saw me but it was too late. As soon as he stepped on the pedestrian lane a huge white truck bolted onto him. His body flew like a piece of paper onto the street and people were already circling around him. I saw the old lady who owns the flower shop calling 911. My eyes met the clock whose hands are now telling me that the time is 7:11.

My knees buckled, I couldn't breathe. I could have saved him but I couldn't. I wasn't fast enough. I wanted to tell the old lady that calling 911 wouldn't help because all the people that I dream of dying really died. No one survived, that is why I stopped trying to help.