Chapter 3

~ Spyros Point of View~

We flew normally after what happened just now, when she basically made me a slingshot with my tail and because of this,

1.my tail hurts and

2. I'm flying ahead of her.

Every couple minutes or so, I'll look back, to check on her. Sure enough, she was fine. I think it was the last time I checked back on her when her eyes just looked AMAZING!

I don't know what made them different at that moment but darn it was beautiful.

Landing at our tree, she decided to talk.

"I'm sorry to pull you away from Sparx like that." Her vision was locked onto the sunset. We were about two meters apart from eachother, and it was pretty cold. I didn't really mind the sudden chill in the wind but I could see her shivering.

She was in a seated position, her gaze still looking firmly into the horizon. The sun was halfway set. I got close enough to wrap her body with my warmth. Unexpectedly, she leaned her head against my neck.

It wasn't uncomfortable or anything, bedsides her horns slightly pointing into my top neck/bottom nose. It felt so right in a way. I don't even know how I feel about her, sure she a really good friend and I care about her of course but does my heart have enough room for Sparx, ignitus, the WHOLE WORLD and...

Cynder?

I looked around, many islands were floating around us and sometimes when I see this I think that I didn't do a very good job. "This is nice." Cynder says in a soft, relaxed tone. My attention to her I answered. "Yes, I like it."

Cynder turned around in an instant and scooted her body in front of me so we were face to face. No warmth anymore. Suddenly realising we were awkwardly close I stood back. also realising how silly I sounded just now makes me say something worse. "I... mean, um, it was really cosy and all but..." to silence me she gave me an evil glare.

Terrified, I took a lot of steps back and waddled over to another part under the tree. She, then at that moment looked like she was about to cry. By that time I wanted to ask so many questions. "Spyro, can I ask you to do something for me?" she whispered.

"Of course!" I replied.

"Never leave me, make it the same as it was with the chain."

"Cynder..."

"Please!?"

I nodded my head. I don't know what made her so emotional all of a sudden, maybe it was just girl problems.

Suddenly a little sparkle of light draws nearer. "Sparx?"