15: Fading Warmth

Everybody was seated around the table. Even the tired king had sat up from his lying position, while Izumo closed the bar for the day, having apologized to his customers as he asked them to leave.

The seriousness of the situation was clear. No one admitted it, yet everyone was eager to hear what the woman, who had been with them for only a short amount of time, had to say.

"The man who had just left the bar..." Taking a deep breath, she had to prepare herself for what was to come. "was the colorless king."

A glass was dropped by one of the clansmen, shock and anger overcoming them.

"Wait, WHAT?!" The vanguard was the first to yell, as he shot up, ready to bolt right out of the bar and chase the man.

"I'm gonna get that bastard!" Grabbing his skateboard and bat, he made his way towards the door before the others could even react.

"Oi, Yata. Wait a se-" Wanting to not rashly make such decisions, Kusanagi tried to call out to him, but was quickly interrupted by a calm voice.

"Don't bother. He's long gone by now. Not to mention, you wouldn't be able to recognize him again anyway."

"HAH? That bastard was right here in front of our eyes and you only tell us about that now?!" Clear anger was evident in his eyes as Yata even ignored his embarrassment towards girls, yelling at Hiyori without any restraint.

"Yata, calm down." Kusanagi realized it was best to talk this out first, but the vanguard couldn't help it. Everyone was angry, yet they were holding themselves back, knowing it wouldn't be a good idea to straight up attack another king.

"But, Kusanagi-san!"

"Yata." Mikoto's voice was calm, however everyone could feel that even he was agitated by the situation. His warning however managed to have Yata shut his mouth, his respect for the King too big as to ignore his words. Not satisfied with the situation, he still went back to his seat, willing to listen after all.

"Now that we've all calmed down, could you please elaborate on what you've said before?" Getting back on topic, Kusanagi managed to bring the attention back to Hiyori, who was calmly waiting for them to take control over their emotions again. She didn't blame them, but before letting them act out on their bloodlust, she had a lot of explaining to do.

"Firstly, I'm guessing most of you saw the man who was sitting right next to me before. Compared to the man from the video Totsuka-san took that night, their appearances are quite different, aren't they?"

"It's his power. As you all know, every king has their own special power in form of an Aura, which's color is decided by their corresponding clan. However, being colorless the power of the colorless king varies. Miwa Ichigen, the former colorless king, had the power of Clairvoyance. The current king's power is quite different though. His power is the ability to possess and affect other people. He can take over another person's body and copy their memories, abilities and knowledge to his own. Hence the person you saw in the video and the person from before in the bar were both the colorless king...and weren't at the same time. He merely overtook their bodies and switched to someone else's after having fulfilled what he intended to do. Which makes it almost impossible to chase after him now that we've lost sight of him."

Pausing for a moment, she waited, wanting to let the information she gave them sink in first before continuing.

"What you said did make sense, but you'll have to understand that this is quite an important piece of information. I don't think you're necessarily lying, but...it's still not quite easy to believe it either." Kusanagi admitted, being the first to speak his thoughts.