Chapter 1

Nola Gamilla Peterson

It was a hot summer day in July. Nola and her friends walked down the filthy streets of the Bronx. They decided not to take Gamilla's car and get some exercise in. Her sister Gamilla wearing her hoochie clothes along with her friends looking for a boy to mess with. Nola and her friend Angie wasn't wit' it. They dressed in clothes that were decent for the weather. Jean shorts that stopped a few inches before the knee,and crop tops with sleeves that stopped right above belly button so thier piercing could show. They weren't anything like Angie and her 3 hoe friends,but that was Nola's sister and they actually had a pretty good bond. She usually felt Misunderstood because of it

"Y'all let's go to he park." Gina blurted. It was Sunday so of course she wanted to go. Sunday was the best days of the week. All the men and boys come out and play basketball,got they cars parked in the field leaned up against it,somebody start grilling out,it was like a family reunion. That was probably the only reason everybody knew everybody because its never empty on Sundays. That was the only day people didnt shoot at each other,or the police didn't come. Some times the police came over and hung with them to make sure everythang' was straight,but to also have a good time. The other reason people came to the park was beacuse the notorious KILLA was gonna' be there. People would die just to get in his presence.

"Yes girl. I might find me a toy for tonight" Gamilla did her ratchet laugh with her long tongue sticking out high-fiving Gina and Tracey who were opposite sides of her. Dania wasn't with them because she was out of town with her parents. They continued their walk down the street and soon arrived to the black broken medal gates of Eastwork Park. They walked through the entrance and went over to the field first. Before they could get to who they wanted someone called for Gamilla.

"Aye Gamilla. Come here girl" B-K shouted. Gamilla smiled and so did the other two girls before walking over there.

"What you need B-K" she asked. Gina and Tracey went over to 2 other boys.

"Why the hell we over here" Nola asked Angie.

"I dont know. At least we get to meet Killa" she shrugged. B-K and Killa were blood brothers so of course you see one with the other. Nola didn't really care for that though. It was hot as hell and they were standing right under the sun. Feeling her phone vibrate she pulled it out of her back pocket.

Momma💜- I'm going to work y'all be home at 10 . Love you😘- 3:18 p.m.

-We will. Love you too- 3:19 p.m.

Nola put her phone back in her pocket after texting her mom back.

"I'm bout to go tell Gamilla something I'll be right back" she told Angie. She walked over to her older sister and whispered in her ear to keep from embarrassment.

"Momma said be home before 10. She just left for work" she said covering the sides of her mouth.

"Alright I'll be there" she said before turning back. Nola walked away.

"Who that is" B-K asked

"Just my little sister" she answered with a shrug. Nola ignored them an approached Angie again. They were engaged in a conversation until Angie said the unspeakable.