Part 1(/1)

~~

"Whatever you do, don't rush into love. Take it slow."

~~

White heather started to glow as the moon rose over the valley, and the sun faded over the horizon.

Calandra the fairy sighed, looking at the Norwegian man sitting alone. She wished that he could find love, and finally sit with someone, enjoying the vivid scenes with heathers and waterfalls. Since Calandra was the fairy of the waterfall, she couldn't go too far away from the water without the magic slowly being drained from her.

Calandra realized that she could take some water with her and not fall to the ground!

She tugged on Lukas' sleeve, Lukas being the lonely Norwegian. She said "May I have a small medicine cup or something of the sort?" In Old Norse, unable to speak Norwegian or English.

"Ok," Lukas muttered unemotionally and got up, later returning with the medicine cup.

Calandra scooped up some water and said, "I'll be back soon! Stay here!"

<POV Switch>

It was a cool night in Oslo, but nothing too cold. You sat on your balcony, staring into the moon and stars. You were lonely as well, and you were looking for love. All the men in town were all jerks or taken. Or both, which was disappointing.

'Maybe it's me, not them,' you thought suddenly. 'Maybe I'm not pretty, or maybe it's because I believe in magic...'

A green speck appeared out of no where. It was a wisp! Not a will-o-the-wisp, just a wisp.

"Whatever you do (Y/n), don't rush into love. Take it slow." It whispered.

"Huh? What does that mean?" You turned to face the magical creature, only for it to have vanished. You sighed again, placing your elbow on the railing and rested on it.

"If only.. if only.."

A blue speck appeared this time, but you paid no mind, for you mistook it for a star.

"Hey, hey!" It whispered, but since you didn't know Old Norse, it sounded like nonsense.

"Huh?"

Calandra knew what English sounded like, so she huffed and set the medicine cup down cautiously.

You took the hint and held it steady. The brown haired fairy pointed towards the piney woods and said something else.

'It sounds important. Should I help her? It beats staring at the moon all night!'

You nodded and put on a dark mauve peacoat and black hat. You put the "special water" in a lidded container and put it in a deep pocket. Calandra was scooped up and put in the same pocket.

"Okay. And now we're off." You muttered and started walking towards the piney woods.

<POV change once more!>

Even with it's name, Piney Woods, it had many fir and spruce trees, as well.

(Y/n) stopped and leaned against a for tree, taking in her verdant surroundings. (Hey, if you recognize the quote, tell me where it's from! Replace (Y/n) with the original person though. I'll give you a prize!) "Hey, little fairy girl, am I lost?"

She pointed forward excitedly, causing her curly brown locks to bounce.

"Of course, you can't speak English," the (race) girl said, following the fairy's directions.

Eventually, when the moon was about to be overhead, probably 11:45, the pair arrived at a seemingly glowing waterfall.

On the edge sat Lukas with his head low.

'Wow, he... he looks lonely. But he's really hot...' (Y/n)'s thoughts said, and she desperately tried to shoo them away. "Hello! This fairy person led me here, and I'm confused!" She whisper shouted, not forgetting that it was late at night.

The stranger lifted his head and spoke monotonously, "Oh hallo. I'm Lukas Bondevík, and who are are?" Lukas lifted his hand for you to shake.

"I'm (Y/n) (L/n)!" The (h/c) haired girl said, taking it and shaking his hand. But something felt... different.

Instead of a normal handshake with coworkers, there was a spark and warmth. It was a spark of love.

Calandra snickered slightly on the white heather she was perched on. She knew that the two were perfect together, because she had known Lukas for a while, and she had been watching (Y/n).

The mentioned pair looked at each other, (Y/n)'s (e/c) eyes wide and filled with shock, while Lukas' were a bit wider.

"Why... why did that spark happen?" (Y/n) asked, very confused as to what was going on.

"I-I think it's a s-spark of l...love..." Lukas's voice wavered. He usually didn't show emotion at all, and he was like a devoid of emotion. Today, though, was different.

Calandra watched as (Y/n)'s face turned firetruck red, and Lukas's pale face was dusted with pink.

"S-so... does that mean something? We don't even know each other, yet there's a spark..." The (race) girl asked.

"I-I guess so. I heard something from my brother's friend about a Red String of Fate or Destiny or something. C-could that be it?"

"Ah! The Red String of Fate! I believe in it!" (Y/n) exclaimed

"O-oh... w-we should get to know each other before dating or anything." Lukas suggested. (Y/n) agreed and nodded.

So, the two talked. And talked all night.

She learned that he played the violin, lived with 4 other men, was good at chess, and loved baking. He learned that she (interest), (interest), and (interest).

(Y/n) and Lukas knew a lot about each other after that night, and they laughed and talked like they were old friends.

Eventually, it was 1:00 in the morning, far too early to be awake. As (Y/n) started to leave, Lukas asked, "Hey? Can I see you again?"

(Y/n) smiled and said, "Sure. How about here at 6 PM? I don't want to be up late again."

"That sounds great."

They met like that for 3 years. Three whole years of scheduling times just to see each other by the waterfall. But three both were ready for a change. One night, as (Y/n) and Lukas laid next to each other on the grass looking at the stars, Lukas decided to ask, "What are we? Are we friends? Dating?"

"I wouldn't mind dating."

"Well it's settled. We're boyfriend and girlfriend. So... what do boyfriends and girlfriends do?" Lukas asked, sitting up.

(Y/n) sat up as well and grasped his hands, "Well... couples kiss a lot...." She then smashed her lips into his, earning a gasp of shock from the surprised Norwegian. They kissed passionately for a few seconds, until a tinkle of bells distracted them. Turns out, Calandra's plan was successful, and she was giggling because she managed to find two people and make them fall in love.

"Jeg elsker deg (Y/n)." Lukas whispered. In those three years, the indigo eyed male had taught the girl Norwegian, so she understood.

Somehow, even with the idea of the Red String of Fate, the pair had managed to get to know each other before rushing into anything, and now was the time for confessions.

"Jeg elsker deg også, Lukas." 

And there, by the midnight waterfall, was a happy couple.

~ Fin (LAND)