Why?

The smile she once held was no longer there. It had disappeared the moment he had told her that he wanted to have sex with someone else. She thought she was good enough. According to him she always will be, but him thinking about sex with someone else changes everything. "I don't like that you had sex with more people than I have". The words were running through her mind as she thought of a way to fix it for him.

They didn't want to leave each other, she told him he could have sex with someone else as long as he came back to her.

"Threesome" he offered it, something he said he would never want to do because he believed that she was all his. She hated the idea of it, she hated it because anyone could be better than her and she didn't want to lose him. She couldn't lose him. Her life is terrible without him in it. She agreed. Hoping he would be happy. Now she won't ever truly be happy knowing that her boyfriend, the one she loves the most, the one she could possibly have a child with, wants to have someone else.

She could read it, she could read how she no longer made him happy, she didn't want to admit it, but she couldn't hide from it forever. His feelings were drifting away, faster than what she thought. She wanted to have a little longer with him before she had to give him up.

She cries herself to sleep since that night, thinking of what she could do better about herself. She stops eating as much, damaging the health of a possible baby. She starts cutting, hurting herself on the outside because that is what she felt on the inside.

She wanted something real, she thought they were. That was a lie. It always would be as long as he wanted someone else, or at least have sex with someone else.

Why? Why couldn't she be good enough for you? Why couldn't she make you happy? What happened?