Chapter 1

"I love you"

"I will always be with you"

Ten years, three months and four days; the exact time since I last saw her, in the City of Lights, when she saved my life one more time. That day, with her and Raven's help, I was able to destroy ALIE.1. According to my mother my body in the real world almost died in the process too, but I did. There was no other nigthblood to ascend besides Luna. The coalition would be broken, but I had the only reason to prevent this: what was left of humanity was about to be decimated again. It wasn't easy and none of the 12 clans accepted my lead, but when I explained the problem they agreed that without our help, the skykru, it would be impossible to survive.

Octavia and Indra were the pillars of my "command" during the next 6 months. While the three of us tried to contain the groups that wanted me dead (which were a lot) and keep the coalition running so we could try to stop the new nuclear disaster, my mother, Kane, Raven and the others were looking for a solution. The truth was, if we had had access to Mount Weather radiation clothing we might have been easier, but we hadn't. It was really impossible to stop something from happening, all we could do was try to save us the best we could.

We had a little more than 6 months, two more weeks actually. It was not easy to get into the old nuclear power plants and prevent them from exploding again, we lost many lives in that, some of which we could not prevent. I can't say how the rest of the world got, but here, where we are, the radiation levels haven't risen so much. Most of the lands and waters under the govern of the 12 clans didn't really suffer from the radiation. Our technology helped everyone to keep themselfs, but we knew that some consequences could affect us in the future.

A month before the last power plant in our reach to be deactivated Luna came to Polis. I was still in charge. The ambassadors did not agree, but one of the consequences of ALIE.1's control over the people was that they knew Lexa was on my side and trusted me, and I was the one who deactivated ALIE.1 and released them all. However I was not Heda. I was Wanheda and that kept up. I kept myself in Polis and besides to preventing the ambassadors and their peoples from killing each other, I began to train with Octavia under the supervision of Indra, although she has never fully recovered or been able to fight again.

After the first months, in addition to showing the ambassadors that they needed me, I could also show that they did not have to follow their old habits. I was able to implement a little justice where, before, everything was treated as revenge. One of those acts was to allow the Ice Nation to rejoin the coalition When they saw one of the power plants about to explode on their land, even after the three attempts they made to kill me and the 2 attacks on neighboring clans. It was not easy, but the new Ice Queen found herself with out a option but to swear allegiance and obedience to me in order to save her people.

Two months after that Luna appeared, as leader of his people she came to represent them and ensure their support for me and our attempt to save ourselves. I kept the A.L.I.E.2 chip always with me. It was more than just an I.A and more than just the spirit of the old commanders for me. For me that was what I had left of Lexa and, when Luna appeared, I was not ready to give up that last memory. I knew I would have to let Luna ascended and became the new Heda, but I postponed it until the very last moment. I didn't want to keep in charge, I just could not handle the idea that someone else have access to it while I could never have it again.

After 7 months of the destruction of the program who was responsible for the destruction of the old world, was decided that Luna should become the new commander. The 12 clans voted, and since I didn't have black blood, I would not have the right to lead them. Luna accepted the flame this time, she would keep the legacy of peace among the people, at least she would try. After an entire night awake looking at the symbol of infinity that reminded me of the tattoo on Lexa's neck, I made my way to the throne room and performed Luna's ascending ceremony as the new commander. Luna allowed me to take some things that had belonged to Lexa, including her sword, some clothes too. After that I left Polis forever.