UNO : The Breakfast Table

JULY 20, 2014
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I really don't want this breakfast...

Damn.

"I made that. Have a bite." Gino offered his home-made breakfast bread.

"Maybe I'll just take a coffee. I'm not really that hungry. But, I know. Definitely, that's good. Thanks by the way. How was the blueprint coming on?" I altered the Topic to make it not awkward.

We work together as partners.  We were real partners.

It's really hard for me to talk to him. After 5 years of being single because of this man, I've never really understand the meaning of moving on.

I've tried dating other guys but, damn. No one's ever topped out his rank for me. I'm still trying though :D

"Ugh that plan was a no no. Who made that draft, actually? It was pathetic. There's so much to work on and things to calculate again before starting the job on that clinic." he said sipping on his dark mocha coffee.

"Mr. Diaz did. Just work on it. Make sure Mr. Tamayo will be happy about the result." I stood up and took my coffee with me.

I just can't take the pressure.

Watching him be himself again...

The same Gino I fell in love with..

STOP! This can't be right. I really need to move on. It's been 5 years and still he's on my mind (and heart)

Luckily, Mina texted me.

NEW MESSAGE from Mina

- Hey, Vicky. I need something from you. Text me back, it's urgent.

I looked away from my phone and faced Gino. " Hey, uhmm, there's an emergency with my friend, she just texted me. See you tomorrow and PLEASE ( I really enunciated that one) please please work on the blueprint! We need that by Monday." I looked at him with begging eyes.

"Ofcourse, I'll get that done. Ingat." and he just smiled at me.

Fuck that smile. I miss that smile.

KAILANGANG ALISIN SIYA SA UTAK! Omy. Nababaliw nako. 

"Hey, you alright?" Gino asked.

"I'm fine." and I just head straight to the door.

------------------------------------------