Chapter 2

(Preston's POV)

I stood in fear as the car got closer to me. I regained myself and leapt out of the way just in time. I stared back at the car as I drove away as if nothing was about to happen. I scoffed and started to head back to my cave. As I arrived a loud and reverberating boom sounded out through the surrounding area. I turned and ran as fast as I could to where the loud boom originated.

As I was getting closer the odor of gasoline permeated the air. The smell of gasoline was not industrial it was fuel for a vehicle. I doubled my efforts to find where this loud boom came from out of fear and worry. I tried relying on my sense of smell to guide me and lost my way. The odor was everywhere with no apparent origin.

"Someone, help!" A faint yell called out. The yell seemed unenthusiastic and lazy almost. I turned my body to where I heard the call for help come from and raced off. The wind gliding across my body and face as I raced toward an unknown entity. I caught a glimpse of light emanating straight ahead and knew right say that I had to act fast before it's too late. I arrived at the origin of the loud boom and there it was. A car had crashed into a large tree and had started to catch fire.

"Help. Someone. Anyone?" The driver of the car called out sounding half asleep. You would think that being in a car wreck and having the car you're in catch fire would make you wide awake and completely alert, well not this guy. I approached the car from the driver's side hoping I could get this guy out of his car so I don't have to change from wolf to human in front of him. The car was a convertible with the top down thankfully.

I approached the man in his car. I got a good, long look at this guy I was about to save from dying. He had semi-long dark brown hair. Glasses with one lens broken, probably from the impact of the crash. Neatly trimmed facial hair.

I jumped onto the back of his car and faced the man's back. I bit down on the collar of his shirt and tried pulling him out of the car he is in. My efforts were in vain when I realized he was still buckled in his seat. Reluctantly I changed to human form and started to unbuckle him.

"Wha? What's going on?" The man said fully realizing what is going on.

"I'm trying to save your life, now hold still!" I replied with annoyance.

I managed to unbuckle him and pull him out of his car. I struggled dragging him away from the crash due to his uncooperative state. I propped him up against the trunk of a tree nearby and tried getting his attention.

"Hey. Hey dude, wake up. C'mon! Wake up!" I said louder with every blank response.

The man began to come back to reality as I was getting louder and louder.

"Thank goodness you're okay. You just crashed into that tree over there," I said pointing to the crash site, "I saved you from burning up in your car."

I waited for a response but right after I stopped talking I faintly heard the sirens from fire trucks and EMTs. Frightened from being exposed to the scientist yet again I started running into the forest.

"Hey! Wait! I didn't get your name!" The man called out.

I didn't care to respond, I wanted to get away from there before my location is revealed again. Without thinking I turned back into a wolf and ran off into the woods away from the man I rescued.

(Adam's POV)

"Did he... just turn into a wolf?" I said to myself.