Chapter One

"Hey, Ash, what's that?" Jane indicated the slip of crumpled paper that fell out of my locker. I stared at it for a moment and picked it up, examining the ball.

"Open it!" Jane urged, looking at it.

I hesitated. "What do you think it is?" I said to Jane.

She shrugged, then her face lit up. "Maybe its from Bryce!" 

I let out a harsh laughed before unscrumpling the paper. "You wish."

I looked at it and frowned, it was hand written, neatly. It read,

Ashley,

By popular vote, you have been selected as the fourth member of the 'Dare Club' for this April. By being selected for this role, you have to undergo a number of tasks given to us by your peers in five weeks. 

The first meeting is this break, in the locker room by the field. 

See ya there, Ash!

Luv, Han and Kim

Jane read over my shoulder before screaming into my ear, dropped my letter, slamming my hands over them.

Jane picked it up. "OMIGOSH, Ash, you're in the dare club!"

I giggled and snatched it from her. 'No I'm not, this is too much for me. I'm not going." 

Jane gasped.  "But you have to! It's a tradition! Remember last one? Peter Karke dumped a bucket of toilet water on Miss Bothma?"

I sniffed. "And got suspended."

Jane laughed. "It gave him a name though."

I shook my head. "I can't do it."

Jane put her hand on my shoulder. "Ashley Johnston, in doing this you will be upholding the name of the students in this school."

"I wonder who the others are." I said, thinking outloud.

The dare club was an monthly thing at our school, well, every two months they did it, every while a group of students vote for who should be the lucky five.

The last group was Lucee Birks, Carter Cane, Peter Karke, Lana Richards and Georgia Bustley. Peter and Georgia got kicked off because of being suspended. The person to finish all the tasks was Lucee Birks, her name has been held up ever since.

The bell rang for break and Jane was pushing me towards the field. "WE. HAVE. TO. GO."

"Wait, Jane!'

All of a sudden I was in front of the locker room, staring at it. Then Janes arms were on my back, pushing me in.

I fell in and the door slammed behind me.

I looked up.

"Hi."