Chapter 1

Sometimes life seems impossible
When our dreams just fade away

Tenley walked through the halls of NXT, sweat running down her whole body. She had just finished up her 2nd match against Asuka. In which, she yet again did not gain the Women's Championship. Her thoughts were running wild. She feels as if she failed not only herself, but her friends, fans, and family. This loss, at a huge paper-view, tops the cake of the worst year of her life. Tenley has been wrestling for 5 years and two years ago she finally got her big debut in NXT. She worked her ass off everyday in the ring not only to progress as a wrestler but as an entertainer. As the past two years flew by, she gained more popularity becoming one of the top women in WWE. Then came the WWE Draft and one by one her best friends were being drafted to Raw or Smackdown. She waited and waited to hear her name be called but it never was. After the draft, she wasn't her self and everyone could tell. Tenley knows she should be grateful for even being apart of NXT, but somehow she just feels empty. She wants to feel the rush of main eventing Raw or Smackdown. She wants to finally win a title on a big paper-view like Survivor Series or Hell In A Cell. She wants to get that Wrestlemania moment.

Her thoughts are interrupted when she hears her name being called.

"Tenley, hey wait up!" Tenley turns around and sees one of her good friends Liv Morgan with bags in hand.

"Hey Livy. How's that arm feeling?" Tenley asked. She had seen Liv's match with Billie Kay and it sure looked like one hell of a beating towards her limb.

Liv rolled her eyes and gave her the ' let's not talk about it' look.

"It's fine, can't wait to pound in those snobby posh faces in, but I wanna talk about you for a sec. How ya holding up?" Liv now questioned her. She knew how Tenley was feeling about the draft, so she always reached out to her hoping she wouldn't fall into a slump.

Tenley shifted her weight from one foot to the other. She looks towards the ground and back up at Liv before flashing a fake smile at her, hoping she wouldn't notice the dejected look on her face.

"I'm doing better than most days. My only motivation at this point is my love for wrestling, but it seems like its fading as the days go by." Liv gave her a sad smile and reached up to give her shoulder a little squeeze.

"Don't stress it anymore girly. Just roll with the flow and see where life takes ya. Your time will come I'm sure of it." Tenley couldn't help but look at her friend and grab her into a hug. She gripped Liv with all her might and held her there as if saying 'Thank You'.

"As much as I'd love to stay in this hug a little while longer, I gotta go get ready. Livy got a date with a hunk named Enzo and she must slay her outfit tonight." Liv stated. This got a laugh from Tenley who just nodded her head and waved Liv off.

"Who am I to deny a woman some alone time with her man?" Liv gave Tenley a little wink before heading down the hallway to the exits where she would meet up with Enzo Amore.

Tenley gave a little sigh before heading into the locker room area. Once in the locker room, she headed for the showers to get ready for the rest of her night. After getting dressed, she checked her phone and saw a message icon.

Stephanie McMahon: Fantastic match you put on tonight! Ready to show that off in the big leagues?

----------------------------------------------------------

Oops, I guess that was a cliffhanger right? Anyways first chapter of a little book that came to mind while I was listening to Let It Go by Alexandra Burke. Hopefully you all liked it! I also have no idea what I want Tenley to look like so if you have any ideas let me know. I will try to update this every Wednesday and Saturday and I'll be working on a update for Unexpected soon. Check the book out too if you haven't yet! See you all soon :)

*Lori*