The White Room

I awake in a strange white room. My arms are restricted to my chest by a straight jacket. My hair is thrown roughly in a long braid matted in the back of my head, where it's been in contact with the floor for who knows how long. I have no recollection of how i got here. My head is throbbing. My once-white straight jacket is now stained in warm, red blood. I feel sore all over, and there's another battered victim sitting in the corner, resting his arms on his knees. He had ripped his sleeves away from the rest of the garment.

"Where are we?" I ask. He looks up, startled.

"I think we've been kidnapped. I don't know why, or where they've taken us.. I'm Patch, by the way." He explained.

He then stood up and walked over to where i was now sitting and helped me up. I looked around and stretched a little, and noticed a large square door in the ceiling.

"What's that for?" I ask and try to point, realizing i'm still restrained and quite uncomfortable. Before he replies, i say,"Er, never mind that. Could you help me out here? I'm kind of stuck..." Patch chuckles, and I scowl.

He rips off the sleeves, and says,"So, do you remember anything from before?"

"No, sorry. I wish I did though. I may have known something about where we are. You? I mean, other than your name of course. I-I think i may remember mine though. It's coming back to me, just give me a little while to think about it."

"No, I don't remember anything. I was kinda hoping you would thou-"

"Alice! My name is Alice! Wow, I never thought i'd say that. Sorry I interrupted. I just didn't want to forget it again."I could feel myself getting redder by the second.

"No, it's okay. I almost did the same thing, but I reminded myself you were sleeping, which is much more pleasant than living in this, uh, yeah. You get my point." He cleared his throat and looked up at the ceiling. "So, got any ideas in the way of escape?"

"No. Actually- Kind of. First of all, have they been feeding us in any way, or are they expecting us to die of starvation?" A great idea came to me, but it was very implausible.

"Yes, actually they have been sending us food every couple hours. And there is someone who checks on us, i've never seen them but they always ask if we need anything. I just answer that we need freedom, and then they don't reply. It's strange really, how they will only talk through the door but never look in." He said.

"OK, so i was thinking. When they open the door to give us our food, we could grab the door and hold it open, and demand that they let us go." Yes, that was my 'great' plan. Hey, it's better than nothing, right?

"Yeah, i suppose that would work, exempt for the fact that the door is motorized and it retracts into it self like an antenna would, not like a pull-open manual door. But it's a start, i suppose." He replied.

BANG BANG BANG!

We both jump and look up to the ceiling as a high pitched scream rips through the now silenced chamber. The door opens silently and the limp body of a young girl plummets to the ground through the door.