Dreams

"Oh my god!!! Is she ok?" I practically shouted.

"It was the same for you. They threw you in here like you didn't even matter." Patch replied with a pained grimance.

"That explains the soreness. How long was i out, anyway?"

"About three days, give or take."

"Oh... How long do you suppose she'll be out?"

"No way to tell, honestly. The others took at least a week-"

"The others? But there's no one else in here!"

"They were all here when i fell asleep one night, but when i woke up the next morning, they were gone. No trace that they were ever even here, actually."

"Will they take me?" I said, suddenly afraid.

"I hope not. I couldn't stand to lose anyone else."

***

We sat in a peaceful silence from then on. No one moved, no one spoke. At one point I must've fallen asleep, because the next thing I knew I was being shaken awake.

"Hold your breath! Whatever you do, don't breath in the smoke!"

Smoke? What smoke? It took a moment for my eyes to adjust before i realised i was sitting in the middle of a fire. A blue fire.

With the dense smoke and my hair in my eyes, I was barely able to see Patch, and the limp body he was holding.

"Come here! We're getting out!"

I tried to stand up and go to him, but my body didn't obey. i willed myself to get up and move forward, and then i started to move. I wasn't in control of my body though, and i could only watch helplessly and i pulled out a dagger. Where did i get that? I wondered as my body was pushed without instruction to do what i would have never dreamed of doing. My worst nightmare. The dagger was pointed right at Patch.

"Alice, what are you doing. Alice. Alice, no! Please!"

i threw the blade, and he crumpled to the ground as it pierced his chest. Then, blackness.

***

"Alice! Alice, wake up! You're having a nightmare!"

"It was just a dream. Just a dream." I jumped up and hugged Patch tightly.

"Uhmm... Good morning. Are you okay?"

"uh, yeah, sorry. Bad dream." Well that's embarassing.

"She's almost awake. i saw her move a little earlier."

"Oh." A sudden thought came to me. "What if she's a total phsycopath and she tries to eat us alive!? I'm too young to die!!!!!"

"Haha. You're not going to die. You have me." And then the unexpected happened.

The trapdoor opened and a pole with two egg shaped chairs on either side of it desended into the room.

Someone spoke through an invisible intercom speaker

"Subjects #404 and #415 please take your seats." Somehow i knew that i was #415. Whether it was because Patch cautiously approched the chair labeled #404 and i was the only other concious or able person to take the other chair, or because there was some shimmer of memory that told me so, i took my seat just as the odd structure began ascending.

***

Love it?

Hate it?

LMK and i will fix what i can! Bye!