Part 4

Right after, we went to a dress shop and Edward bought me some dresses. Luckily I found a floral dress that flows until below my knees. It wasn't too far from the fashion in 2016. I also found some black sandals that would suit my dress. I wore the clothes that we bought and tied up my hair in a bun just like the other girls did. I lastly checked my self on the mirror, after pushing the curtains to the side.

"Woah. You actually look like a girl from the 20s." Edward spoke to me.

"Uhm thank you." I said as I tried to keep my smile to myself.

The day went very long. We went back to the school campus and ask the guidance counselor about the music room, but we gathered no information. We asked some pioneering students but they didn't know any story about it. Of course we didn't tell them that I am a time traveler. We just tried to juice out some stories about the music room, but we had no luck.

The sun had already set down and I wanted to give up in trying to find my way back home. Edward stood right in front of me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Don't worry, the sun will still rise tomorrow. We'll find your way back home as fast a possible."

I was about to cry again buy I didn't let my inner childish side win over me again. I just nodded my head and kept my hopes high. Edward invited me to his flat and I had no other choice but to agree with him. I stayed at his flat and he offered me to stay in his room while he sleeps at the couch. Of course I neglected his offer because I don't want to be a burden to him, so I forced him to let me stay at the couch.

I was afraid to close my eyes because maybe something worse might happen to me, but I fought against that fear. Silently, I prayed to God to help me. Deeply inside, I also wished that this is all just a dream.

"Good morning Elise." Edward's voice echoed through the room. "How was sleep?"

Waking up in this situation didn't make me happy at all, because it made me realize that this is real, but Edward's sweet smile lighten up my mood and gave me hope.

Again, we went back to the school campus. I wore the other set of clothes that we bought yesterday, and made myself look like more of a woman from the 20s. Edward skipped his classes today so that he could help me. I didn't want him to do that, but he insisted.

First we went to an antique music shop and asked the sales lady if she knows any piano that has the power to make a person turn back time, but she ended up laughing at us.

We stopped by on a park to have some break. An ice cream man rang his bell and both of us looked around to find him. Edward bought two ice creams on a cone. One for me and one for him.

"So how does living in the year 2016 feel like?" Edward asked.

"Uhm I don't know how to explain it, maybe it's just the same the way how you feel in 1920s."

"Are cars already flying in that year?"

I laughed at his question. "No they're not. They're just quite the same with your cars but they have more exquisite design and the controls are more improved."

We spend more than an hour talking about each other. He talked about his family and I also talked about mine. I shared to him about how my father died, and why we moved here at Holmes Chapel. I explained to him what exactly happened before I went back time. I told him that I was curious that's why I forced myself to enter the music room.

"Curiosity really did kill the cat." Edward laughed at me.

"No it didn't. I'm still alive though." I defended myself while adding a smirk at the corners of my lips.

"I was wondering. Uhm don't you mind if I ask, do you have a boyfriend back at your time?"

His question made me laugh so loud and I wondered why did he ask that.

"No! Why would a guy like me anyway? Guys at 2016 wouldn't like someone like me. They prefer girls who look like Barbie. I'm just simply not their type."

"If that's the case then, I would say that boys at 2016 are blind. How could they not be able to find you as a perfect woman? You're beautiful and simple, a kind of girl that guys should be after for." Edward showed his sincerity as he look straight to me eyes with a sweet smile.