•34•

We looked through a bunch of stores and Mark bought a bunch of things. Marks always been like that. His parents always spoiled him but he never did anything. He was just talented. His parents were always proud of him so they gave him everything.

Me on the other hand, I was his pity friend. I always thought of myself that way. When he first asked me out I also thought it was just because he felt bad for me. No matter how much he assured me it wasn't because of that I always thought of our relationship that way.

My upraising wasn't the best. I had to fend for myself and protect Ha Soon as well. It was tough. When Mark came along Ha Soon was instantly attached to him. Mark was like Ha Soon's father figure. He replaced our drunk father who died of liver cancer when Ha Soon was 4.

Our mother was okay though. She wasnt home very often when I was I kid. I stayed home with my father who was never really affectionate. Instead when Mark and I met, his parents became my parents. They cared for me and Ha Soon when I would sneak the both of us out and we ran to Marks house instead. Mark and I have been close since we were little. Even if I was just a pity friend we still had an unbelievably close bond.

"Do you want anything?" Marks voice brought me out of my thought.

"Huh?"

"Is there a store you want to go to? Clothes? Jewelry? Food?" He asked me with a smile on his face. I wasn't smiling. I'm still a pity friend.

"You don't need to buy me anything." I responded coldly.

"I know I don't need to. But I want to." He said as we were walking. I didn't look at him. I couldn't.

"I don't want you to Mark. I don't need your money." I responded and he stopped walking.

"Haneul. I've told you so many times. Im not pitying you. I'm not trying to win you over with money either. I just care about you. I want you to be happy." He said to me and I looked down at my feet. I could feel tears start to for in my eyes.

"I'm a mess Mark." That was all I could say. I truly was. I had no idea how to control anything in my life. Especially my feelings.

"Come here." He rushed toward me and wrapped his arms around me. He did care. I could feel it. His arms felt like my protection from the world around me. I never wanted him to let go of me.

"I've missed this." I said in between sobs. His hand went to my head as I cried into his shoulder. We were in the mall with hundreds of people probably staring at us. But I didn't care. All that mattered to me was Mark holding me in his arms.

"I've missed this too." Mark whispered into my hair. I began crying even harder but I was smiling. This is what I've needed all along. Mark. Right here. Right now.

<><><>

Sorry for not actually updating in like a month. But here you go. I hope you enjoyed:) <3