My Mask Fools You... Or At Least It Did.

Hi my lovely readers! I just wanted to tell you a few something so you all don't get confused- The Timeline.

This book starts after the Tsunade Retrieval Arc, also before Sasuke gets all bitchy and leaves the village.

-Atsuko4517

Edited: 2/14/2018

---

As Naruto looks at his alarm clock, which reads 5:30, he sighs in grief.

'I guess I have to put up that stupid mask again...' He thinks his face adorning a sad look.

He gets up from his bed and moves towards his closet to change from his pajamas.

'And my clothes for the day, a kill me orange jumpsuit, yay.' He thinks sarcastically.

'Stop being so sad!' A voice shouts in his head.

'Good morning to you too fur-ball.' Naruto thinks in response, not even thinking twice about the voice in his head, as he starts to put on his horrendous jumpsuit.

'Kit, why can't you just leave this place? I know how much pain it causes you to be here, and it saddens me to think about what you've indured.' The voice says, in a light sad tone. Naruto sighs and starts to make his bed.

'Thank you Kurama, you're my only friend.' Naruto thinks a ghost of a smile appearing on his face, as he finishes tidying up his bed.

'But you know I won't. In the old man's last will he asked me to stay here as long as I mentally could handle. I'm still mentally stable aren't I?' Naruto asks leaving his bedroom, and going into his kitchen.

'...' Kurama stays silent, and Naruto sighs once more before pulling out some eggs and bacon.

'Kit, I'm genuinely worried about you. You're acting worse than usual.' Kurama says making the blonde show a small, yet real, smile.

'Kurama, I understand your concern but I'm fine! Besides for talking to a voice in my head that is.' Naruto thinks making the fox chuckle. Naruto shakes his head in slight amusement, as he starts to make his usual breakfast of eggs and bacon.

'Looks like you're feeling a bit better, ne?' The fox says silently smirking.

'Thanks for cheering me up.' Naruto thinks, putting his finished food on a plate.

He quickly eats and starts to head out, making sure to plaster on his fake smile.

'I still don't understand why you have to act like an imbocile.' Kurama grumbles.

'Better so the villagers won't start attacking me.' Naruto thinks as he wanders through the streets of Konoha. He looks to his right, sensing a glare directed at him. As soon as he turns the unsuspecting villager goes back to his work.

'Bastardized village can't tell the difference between a scroll and a fucking kunai.' Kurama mumbles, as Naruto unnoticeably rolls his eyes and continues on his way.

'I don't know why they are scared of you though. You're not evil, just misunderstood.' Naruto says, silently reassuring the fox.

Kurama, from inside his mindscape, gains a wide smile before it turns into a frown.

'Kit...you're here.'

Naruto zones back into the world to see Training Grounds 3, the annual meeting place for his genin team. He looks at the three wooden posts to see his two teammates Sakura Haruno and Sasuke Uchiha already there.