Chapter 2: An Unexpected Spark

The pain was extremely excruiting. It felt as if a needle was poking into her skin. She was sitting on the couch with both of her hands to the side palms down on the couch. As the man applies the alchol on the infected wound, "OW!," yelled Nicole as she immediately moves her right hand on his shoulder, and squeezes it to lessen the pain. Tears immediately followed afterwards.

The man looked up as he just felt her hand squeeze his shoulders. Nicole realizes what she just did, she at once removed her hand and looked down. "I -- I'm sorry I didn't mean to do that. I just hurts and I didn't know what to do. I'm,"

"You have nothing to be sorry about," the man interrupts and puts the cloth to the side. He touched Nicole's hand that was on her lap, and Nicole looked up.

For the first time, she saw what he looks like and took in everything she could see, smell, feel, etc. Slim narrow face, razor sharp cheekbones, heart shaped lip, eyes that shined like a crystal, brown short hair with his bangs gelled back, his body smell. They looked into each other's eyes for a few second. The man immediately removed his hand from her's.

"I'm sorry for touching you like that. I shouldn't of held your hand like that," the man said looking away from her.

She took the hand in which he held, and cupped the right side of his face. She turned his face so that he looked at her, and she stroked his cheekbone with her thumb. He practically looked like a puppy as of now. He couldn't ignore her beauty, her face, the way she stroked her thumb on his face. It felt unreal.

"Right. Umm. We should get your wound fixed up,"  he said as he shook his face slightly giving a sign for her to stop. 

Once he bandaged her up, he returned to Nicole's bedroom bathroom and left the First Aid where he found it. While he was in there, he fixed up the things he dropped when he previously went to get the First Aid. 

Nicole screams internally to herself while the man was upstairs, "WHAT DID I JUST DO?!!? I JUST STROKED A MAN'S FACE THAT I DONT EVEN KNOW. WHY AM I SO STUPID SOMETIMES. WHY. HE PROBABY THINKS I'M A CREEP. MAYBE HE WAS JUST HOLDING MY HAND TO COMFORT ME. NOT SAYING HE LIKES ME."

The man returned downstairs to where Nicole was sitting, and Nicole looked up. "Thank you for helping me sir," Nicole said.

"Yeah! No problem. Anything I can do for you. And please don't call me sir, my name is Benedict," he said as he sat a few inches away from her. 

"That name though...," Nicole thought to herself. "It's so beautiful and high commanding, so..."

"And what is yours?," Benedict asks with eager curiosity as he changed his position with one leg bent 45 degrees on the couch and the other on the floor for him to be able to face her, as she sat on the right angle corner of the couch.

"Nicole," smiled Nicole.

"Her name is so majestic, so honorable so," thought Benedict "NOT HAPPENING. I AM NOT GOING TO THINK ABOUT THIS GIRL. NO. I CAN'T. SHE DOENS'T EVEN LIKE ME. I help her out. That's it. Nothing more."

By then Nicole's clothes were dry, but a bit damp. It was only seven in the evening and her parents don't get home until nine... Benedict looked at his watch to get himself out of their before something awkward happens. "Your name is wonderful and I truly want to stay, but I think I should go now. My flat is about 2 hours away, and your parents are to be home soon I suppose," he said, but in the back of his mind he really wants to stay. Oohhh the irony.

"Thanks. And my parents aren't coming home till nine, and I'm pretty sure they would welcome you gladly and let you stay for the night as you've just helped me," she smiled insinuating that she really wants to talk to him.... look at him and listen to his deep, british voice.

"Awh. I'm sure you parents are very sweet but I think I have to--" he stood up and made his way to get his coat. But as he was about to complete his sentence, Nicole stood up quickly and limp-run to him grabbing his arm. He looked at her, she looked at him. Both of their hearts started pouding really fast. 

......

A/N:

I'm actually more cautious of what I write as my friends are reading this xD. This chapter is probably short but yah. Yay, nay what. Comment pleasee. ily. OMG ONCE UPON A TIME IS BACK TODAYY