HR Cut I: Nico Wants That Sausage

Published May 21st, 2017

For those of you who've read Hecate's Revenge, some of you may recall the little remark Cecil made in Atreus' House of Steak when Nico ordered sausage:

Well, a little fun fact: that little comment was actually part of a huge section of chapter ix that had to be cut due to the fact that it was a little too much

Well, a little fun fact: that little comment was actually part of a huge section of chapter ix that had to be cut due to the fact that it was a little too much. The original chapter had a whole conversation revolving around Nico's choice of breakfast food (plus other random things) and I thought that I might share it here.

So here is the entire original chapter in all of its unedited glory (so unedited that Cecil still has the last name Wendell and Lou Ellen still has the last name Blackthorne-- the headcannon last names that I gave them).

So I hope you enjoy this chapter and all of its innuendo bingo within it!

~°~

IX. Those Knock-Off Steakhouses, Man. Always Trying to Steal Your Money and Your Entrails

~°~

๖ۣۜDi Immortales, this place was fancy for a family business. Standing outside the fancy-schmancy restaurant, the four questers took in the elegantly designed building (which of course was strange for a steakhouse). The doors were a tall mahogany wood, elegant designs curved into it. An Athena kid could probably go on and on about the beautiful architecture and so on. Luckily, there were none of those near, or else they would all have been doomed.

Not that they were not going to be. It was part of a demigod job description.

"Welcome to Atreus' House of Steak! We got the best meat in the whole area!" A pretty blonde woman stood behind a podium, the dark fresh colors reminding Lou Ellen of chocolate. She was so close on drooling.

Okay, she thought, not the time.

"Really?" Cecil looks like he was about to drool at the thick scent of meat. "I am so--" Lou Ellen elbowed him in the stomach. "What? I'm a growing boy!"

"I hope so, since you're basically as tall as a smurf." she answered, sending him a critical look. Looking back at the all too perky hostess, she said: "Can we have a table for four? Three adults, one kid."

"Who's the child?" Nico asked, frowning a bit.

"You." she told him.

"Hey! I raised the dead! I can--"

"You can shut up," she snapped with a clear message: there's a mortal. Gods. Boys were so stupid. She smiled sheepishly at the hostess. "Sorry, he loves to play mythomagic. Sometimes it affects his brain."

"My brain is completely fine," Nico protested.

Lou Ellen pointed at Will. "And that's his doctor, who is going to take care of him."