Chapter five: The News

"Well...I don't know how to say this but..."

A drop of sweat fell from Hanji's head as Levi groaned.

"Can't you tell us already, four eyes?"

"I'm just afraid of how you'll take it...especially Eren."

"Huh?!"

Eren's eyes widened at the horror of what he was about to hear. His heart started racing. What could be so terrifying that even Hanji is holding back on saying it? Is he going to die soon? Oh Wall Maria.

"Hanji! Tell me! I-I don't want to die-"

Levi quickly pulled Eren close to his face, Eren staring in shock. The brunette can feel his eyes start to water as Levi looked back at him with a scared expression.

"Eren, calm down. You aren't going to die, Hanji isn't going to tell you that."

Eren slowly nodded, and dug his head into Levi's chest.

"I-I feel nauseous."

"Eren don't you dare barf on me."

"I promise I won't.."

Hanji cleared her throat, "Well, first I've got to make things clear with Eren to make sure that I'm right about...what he has."

"What do you mean?"

"Well Eren, um...I'm just going to ask you a couple of questions."

"Okay. Then go ahead..."

"First, have you been having sickness during these past weeks?"

"Kind of. Mostly just these two weeks that have passed. I thought it was just a stomach bug."

"Okay. Well, I want you to be honest on this one...have you been...sexually active?"

Eren gulped as he looked up at Levi, then to Hanji.

"Y-Yeah...But why would you ask me that?"

Hanji froze for a bit, then shook her head. She sighs.

"Eren...I think you might be..."

"Might be what? A titan? Pfft, I know I am."

Eren chuckled nervously, scratching his head.

"Eren...I think you might be pregnant."

Silence fell suddenly over the room. Eren stared at the blanket, clutching it with both hands. He took in heavy breaths, not daring to cry. The birds chirped loudly outside, and the wind can be heard once again. Levi then looked over to Eren, and took his hand. The brunette gasped lightly, and a single tear fell out.

"I'm...pregnant...me. With a baby. Inside of my stomach...another human..."

"Yes...I'm sorry-"

"Sorry? Why?"

"Wait wha-"

Eren looked up with a slight smile of worry on his face. Hanji couldn't tell how he felt about it. Was he upset? Was it unexpected? Was he glad?

Levi cleared up his throat, "Who's the father..."

"It concludes that...um. You are Levi."

Eren closed shut his eyes, waiting for Levi to suddenly leave with disappointment and never come back or talk to him. The brunette started to cry suddenly, just thinking about it. Sobs were heard as Levi quickly got up.

I knew it. There he goes...

My Levi...

Levi then got on the bed, and...hugged him. Eren gasped, as he opened his eyes, he met up with Levi's.

"L-Levi..."

"Shh. If Hanji is telling the truth, then I'm willing to take any chance for you."

Eren let out a sob as he hugged Levi back, his head on Levi's shoulder. Levi patted the back of his head as Hanji smiled.

"Well, I'll let you guys have some space."

With that, she exited the room and closed the door behind her. As her steps fade away, Levi still pats the back of his pregnant lover. Eren starts to sniffle, wiping away the tears and the mucus he had on his face. He then looks up at Levi, and smiles warmly.

"I'm pregnant."

"Yes."

"I'm...pregnant."

"Yeah...I got that."

"But..."

"But what?"

"...how."

"How?"

"Yeah! I'm a guy...how does that work?"

Levi placed his head on Eren's, "Maybe because titans are born to reproduce somehow, no matter guy or woman."

"Hm. Kinda makes sense...Maybe Hanji is taking me up as an experiment."

"Better not or else I'd get her."

Eren laughed, "Hah...Still can't believe it."

"Me neither..."

"I feel weird."

"Vomit?"

Eren sighed and dangled his legs off the edge of the bed, "Yup!"

"Thought so," Levi quickly got up and grabbed the nearby trash can and held it for Eren, "All open for you."

"Thanks."

-0-0-

"Levi!!"

Levi then quickly ran into the room, sweating, "Yeah?"

"Can you get me some water please?"

Levi frowned, "This is the fifth time you asked me this."

"Fine. I'll go get it myself."

Levi then ran up to Eren, pushing him back down to bed, "No. Stay in bed. I swear if you get up agai-"

"I will!"

"Eren no."

"Yes, Levi. I will beat you to it. I'll run while I still can!"

Levi quickly placed a hand on Eren's chest and pushed him back, making Eren fall and hit the fluffy, soft mattress.

Eren crossed his arms, and made a pouty face.

"You're such a brat."

"Am not."

"Yeah you are. There's no stopping you is there?"

"Nah."

"Ugh. Fine. Since you're barely pregnant, come join me on a walk."

"Yes! See, I always win."

"No you don't. You aren't leaving this room with you running, nor using meanouver gear."

"But-"

"No buts. This is an order, Jaeger."

"Hey, I'm your lover."

"Doesn't mean I'm still not up to my duty."

Eren rolled his eyes as he got up from bed and walked happily out the door with Levi, accompanied by Hanji whom was waiting outside their door, for their first walk. Hanji chuckled.

Levi sure doesn't know what he's about to get into these nine months...