Chapter One: The Dream

A small brunette girl raced through the forest, a huge monster following her.

The monster got bigger and almost ate her. She stopped behind a tree and took out a purple jewel.

"The Book of Souls," she said.

"I knew it."

She jumped out and prepared to seal the monster. The Book of Souls had one thousand souls hiding within it and they could possess somebody at any moment.

"Purple Heart, seal!"

The magic generated a big explosion and the monster turned into two souls. One was a dark soul which Purple Heart absorbed, and the other was a normal soul, which flew away.

The girl was called Yui. Yui saw two people approaching her. One was a small boy with black hair with red tips and heterochromia. One of his eyes was blue, and the other was red. He glared at Yui.

He wore a black jacket over a matching t-shirt and jeans. The other was a tall girl with a red eye and a purple eye. Her hair was long, in pigtails and white with black tips. Her eyes were set in a frown, and Yui was terrified

Yui glowed for a moment. She turned into a white rabbit and fell asleep, the purple gem still shining.
(Help! Somebody...anybody!) she telepathically said.
-----------------
*RIIINNNGGG!!*
Kazumi turned off her phone alarm and sat up in bed.
"That was a weird dream." she said, getting out of bed. She went to her mirror and began to brush her lilac hair. She had big brown eyes and she put on a white bow to tie up her ponytail. The ends of her hair were curled. She smiled at her reflection.

"Kazumi! Breakfast is ready!" said her father.

"Coming!" she said.

As Kazumi ate, she thought about the dream she had last night. Who was the girl? And why was she asking for help?

Author Note: 
I hope you have enjoyed reading the first chapter of my fanfiction. Be sure to vote and comment on it!