Denounced

This is the first book that is completely mine. (Horrible Feelings doesn't count) Usually (I have other books that aren't published yet) I would make edits for each chapter, that usually makes it take longer but I'd say its worth it (right?) but for the first three and maybe other select chapters when introducing a new character, I'm not going to do that, I'm just going to put in the pictures of the boys and another character unedited so you can better see them. I also will probably be posting two maybe three chapters at once to start since the first couple are quite short, but don't worry, that'll change ;) Now! To the story!

Eric Smith

"You're brother has openly spoken about the 'mistreatment' of mages! You are guilty by association, unless you denounce him!" the Captain told Eric, who was sitting uncomfortably across from him.

Denounce my brother for something he does all the time?!

"He's 'misspoken' before, why is it different this time?" He glared into his superior's brown eyes.

"Because, the Princess is missing! The mages undoubtedly have a hand to play in it! So, with his outbursts he is immediately a suspect! Denounce you're brother!" Captain Detrix explained, slamming his fists on the table, it did not phase Eric.

Elsi's been kidnapped?!

"What if I don't?" Surprise of the kidnapping evident in his eyes.

"Well, then you will no longer be a Paladin of Telea," Detrix returned the young man's glare.

I've worked so hard to get here...but he's my brother! He would have nothing to do with Elsi's disappearance!

"I...I guess I am no longer a Paladin then..." Eric looked down in despair.

"Leave then, you came with your sword so it's only fair you can keep it, and the armor is yours," the captain grunted in disapproval.

"I'm sorry to let you down, sir," he bowed his head.

"I suppose I wouldn't expect any less from you, you would've made a great Paladin," Detrix frowned, his interrogation over, meaning he could be the boy's mentor again.

"Thank you for saying that, sir," Eric again bowed his head respectfully and stood from the table.

"I'd advise you to get out of town, you did not turn against Matthew which means people will not take it kindly, even your parents," the Captain stood as well.

"Even my parents?" Eric cocked his head.

"They have denounced your brother, in turn you as well," he raised an eyebrow.

That hit him like a wall of mortar.

They did that to their own son? Both of their sons?

After a moment, Eric regained his composure, "Where is my brother now?"

"He has disappeared, which only raises our suspicions," Detrix examined him carefully.

Disappeared? That's not like him...

All Eric could do was say farewell to his long time mentor and head to the barracks to pack up his things.