Fight You?

Eric/Stefan

Eric and Stefan walked side by side, it was strange for Stefan to walk out in the open in daylight. He was used the shadows and bushes, his discomfort did not go unnoticed by Eric.

"What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing..." Stefan rubbed his arm nervously.

"That's exactly why you're acting so skittish," Eric rolled his eyes.

"I am not acting skittish!" Stefan exclaimed, but to prove Eric's point an animal exiting a bush caused Stefan to jump.

"Mmhm," Eric nodded.

A few moments of silence passed.

"Its just that...well...I'm not used to travelling in the open...it makes us so...vulnerable," Stefan agitatedly looked around.

"Don't worry, I'll protect you," Eric smiled smugly.

Stefan blushed furiously, obviously the daytime was Eric's comfort zone, just as the nighttime was Stefan's.

"I can very well defend myself thank you very much!" he sputtered.

"I'm sure," Eric said unconvinced, still complacent.

"Alright! I'll prove it to you, Paladin!" Stefan stopped, a very determined look on his face.

Eric slowly turned around, an eyebrow raised.

"Fight me!"

"Pardon?"

"I said, fight me!"

"I heard what you said, but I don't think that's a good idea..." Eric gave him a skeptical look.

"Why? You afraid I might beat you and put you to shame?" Stefan taunted.

"What? No! I'm afraid I might hurt you!" Eric looked at the short boy incredulously.

"Well, there's only one way to find out!"

The look on Stefan's face showed that he would not budge till he got what he wanted.

"Fine," Eric sighed in frustration.

Eric took a few steps closer to Stefan, but before he could reach him, Stefan ducked out of sight.

"What?! I thought you wanted to fight?!"

"I do," Stefan whispered in Eric's ear, somehow behind him, bringing chills to his spine.

Eric whirled around, drawing his sword at the same time, but Stefan was long gone. Suddenly, Eric was on the ground, the smaller boy straddling him.

"Hi,"

Eric lifted his knee gently to the sensitive spot above him surprising Stefan, making him squeak, and easily lifted him up only to push him down, leaving Eric on top.

"I am much heavier than you, so that was not the best tactical decision," Eric smirked as Stefan writhed underneath him, pinning his left hand and right shoulder down.

"Grr!" In a quick movement a knife was pointed at Eric's stomach, but because both of his hands were occupied he was powerless and if the fight had been real he'd be dead.

"A-ha!" Stefan smiled triumphantly.

"Damn it!" Eric cursed.

"Not the best tactical decision to preoccupy both your hands and only one of mine," Stefan's smirk still on his face.

A few moments passed, just staring at each other. Eric looked liked some kind of specter with the sun shining behind him. Stefan was being pressed against a rock, so he rolled his butt off of a stone, causing their hips to collide. "Oh!" Stefan cried out, his blush returning to his face.