SANDHIR GO ON COFFEE DATE

Randhir entered the ISRC Lab, the first thing he noticed was Sanyukta sitting behind a circuit and looking tensed. Randhir knew with Mars Mission coming closer Sanyukta is working overtime. Hardly sleeping and eating. And it is showing on her face. Her swollen eyes, dark circles and worry lines on her forehead. Randhir isn't liking this.

Sanyukta looked at him, their gaze met and Sanyukta smiled meekly at him before getting up and walking towards the supercomputer.

Randhir pulled up his sleeves and walked towards her.

Sanyukta felt him stand beside her but she ignored him and continued to work. Randhir folded his arms and tilting his head little he watched her carefully. She kept all her attention to the computer.

'Sanyukta.'

No reply.

Randhir held her elbow and made her look at him.

'What?' she said annoyed

'Look at you, what have you done to yourself?' Randhir said

Sanyukta smiled, she extended her hand and placed her palm on his cheek, 'I know Randhir. But Mars Mission is just around the corner and...'

'All work and no play makes jack a dull boy.' Randhir interrupted her. Sanyukta smiled shaking her head.

Randhir pulled her closer and she looked at him surprised, '5pm, we are going on a coffee date.' Randhir declared confidently.

'But Randhir...' Sanyukta protested pointing at the supercomputer and then at him. Randhir seemed determined when he said, '4.25pm I will come to pick you up, be ready.' He then turned around and walked away leaving behind a speechless Sanyukta.

********************

Sanaya entered the girl's room swaying to the music blasting into her ears via headphones stuck to her ears. She paused in her tracks on seeing Sanyukta sitting on the bed, her legs stretched one foot over the other. She held a file but is staring into oblivion. Sanaya looked towards the direction of Sanyukta's gaze, she realized her gaze is stuck to the wall clock above the dressing table.

3.30pm.

'Sheku face isn't plastered on the clock that you are staring at it so much.' Sanaya giggled. Sanyukta snapped out from her trance. She blinked at Sanaya, who smiled removing her headphones.

Sanyukta shook her head looking away, embarrassed.

'So, tell me what is bothering you?' Sanaya asked sitting at Sanyukta's feet. She moved her legs sitting properly tugging her legs under her, Sanyukta narrated what Randhir had said in the lab.

Sanaya stood up, she placed her palms on her hips and said, 'Then what are you waiting for? Get ready and go?'

Sanyukta shook her head, 'No ya, there is so much work to do.'

'Arey, it is a matter of few hours only. It will be a refreshing distraction for you.' When Sanyukta continued to look skeptical Sanaya frowned, 'Waise bhi you are a good wife and...' she smirked.

Sanyukta raised her eyebrows, Sanaya continued, 'Good wives listen to their husbands.'

Sanaya held her hand and pulled her up from the bed. All Sanyukta's protest went to waste.

'Kya yaar, Sheku has asked you out with so much love and you are...' Sanaya rolled her eyes. Sanyukta recollected Randhir asking her out this morning, he was more of frowning than much love. She smiled, 'typical Randhir.' She shook her head.