Chapter 1

It was a bright and sunny day in Equestria. Everypony was enjoying the sun and playing well not everypony. Most students of Princess Luna's academy for gifted unicorns where out but a teen mare was sitting quietly under a tree reading her book. Sunset Shimmer doesn't have many friends because she thinks friends are a waste of space. Sitting next to her is a small red baby dragon. Sunset Shimmer had to hatch his egg to get into the academy and to earn her cutie mark. Her cutie mark is a red and orange sun. Garble sighed with boredom and said "Come on sunset the princess said to relax and take a break not study more" The mare away from her book and sighed. She knew that the princess told her to take a break but how could she. There are so many fantastic books in the world especially the ones about old mare tales which was the book she was reading. Garble looked up at her with big eyes as she rolled her eyes and packed her book in her saddle bag. Standing up she said "Well are you coming or not". Garble looked like he could explode in happiness. But he doubled over as he let out a large belch and a letter appeared out of the flames. "it's from the princess Garble please read it to me" Sunset Shimmer said exitedly. Garble unrolled the scroll and cleared his throat "My dearest Sunset Shimmer as you know tomorrow night will be the 1000th summer sun down celebration under my rule. It will be held in a small village called Ponyville. As my star pupil I would like you to go there and supervise the preparations. But try to make some friends for a change and no more studying! I'll be seeing you soon in Ponyville. Yours faithfully Princess Luna". The young mare smiled and said "well then Garble looks like were going on a trip!".