Chapter One

Chapter 1

“Kerry!”

Slowly I raise my head to see a small  hazy silhouette .

“Kerry you're gonna be late!” yelled my six year old brother Ian.

Groaning I lay my head back down, annoyed to be awaken from my blissful sleep.

“Kerrryyyyyy!” He yells.

“Okay! I hear you”.

“Better hurry before dad wakes you” .

Growling I get up from my bed , scooting him out to get ready for school. I quickly chose out my daily outfit , green cargo pants black skin tight shirt and converse . I put my hair into a messy ponytail and smiled at my reflection in the mirror. An attractive short tan skinned girl smile back at me.  My smile vanishes when I felt a cold dread in my stomach.

I slowly turn to face the window. I stared down at the back yard. I clutch my chest and threw myself back, hitting my thigh against the sharp point of my drawerer. I barely felt the stinging pain.  No it can't be. Swallowing hard I go back to the window . The familiar figure is gone. Closing my eyes I lean my forehead against the cool glass.

“It was just a figment of your imagination Kerry no need to get worked up about it”. I say to myself . But that didn't stop my the rapid heartbeat from calming down or the little thrill of the fact he may have come back.

A knock at my bedroom door made me jump.

“Kerry would you hurry up! “ My dad yelled .

I shake my head , shaking away the impossible thought . Quickly I grab my bag and opened the door. My dad gives me a sour look. I give him a bright smile. His business suit was slightly wrinkled and his hair disheveled.

“Good morning dad”.

“Can we go please?” He asked impatiently.

“Whoa what's the rush old man?” I ask as we descend the stairs. The floors creak at each step we made.

“I'm late for an interview with the director” he replies.  Ian waits at the front door.

“Daddddd I'm going to be late for my field trip” he pouts. “I really want to see the Lions”.

“I'm sure the Lions aren't going anywhere Ian” dad says, looking at his watch. “Shit ok let's go “.

                            *****************

I wave goodbye to my dad but he's already speeding off. I sigh and walked into Washington high. I walk straight to my locker, ignoring the loud kids around me.