Chapter 1: Morning.

Keith POV

*dream*
"It's too dangerous!" Cried Lance. "I'll be fine! Keep yourself safe!" I said as I ran into the mouth of a giant space monster. It was the only way I could keep him safe. If he stayed outside then at least he could call for help. If something happened to me then it wouldn't matter. "KEITH!!" was all I heard before seeing Lance being  shot in the head by a Galra soldier. "NOOOO!" I shouted but it was too late......

*Morning*

I flung myself upwards as fast as I could, grabbing the blade on my bedside table and pointed it at the empty......bright.......bedroom? I sighed and turned my face downwards to look at sleeping beauty. I smiled then placed my hand on his cheek, caressing it. I brushed a hair off his face and he sneezed, waking up. "Morning." I said, his eyes darted around the room. "Morning." He said holding on to me as he got up. "You were panting and sweating a lot in your sleep." He said reaching for my cheek. "Really?" I asked. "Yea, you were having a nightmare again. Seriously, what is it with you and your nightmares? You're always having them and usually they're the same. You can see. There must be more to dream about then me dying while you're off on a mission." He said with a smug laugh. I smiled "What about you? Do you have dreams?" I asked "Yea. They're awesome. I get to see things. They may not always be exciting but at least I get to see." He said waving his arms around with a big smile. I chuckled, he's so adorable. "Okay, well next time I'll try to have a nice dream. Now, let's go get breakfast because in a few seconds you're stomach is going to growl and you're gonna make me carry you down the stairs while you pretend that you're a princess." I said getting up. "Well, I am blind." He said shrugging "Yea, that probably explains why your walking stick is right next to you." I rolled my eyes. He lifted his arms up "Your princess awaits you." He said in a girly voice. I laughed "Alrighty then. I your prince will carry you downstairs and to the dining table." I said in a princely voice. I picked him up  bridal style and kissed his forehead, he snuggled onto my chest holding me. "I love you." He said "Me too." I said as my face flushed red. God, he really is adorable.

I sat him on the chair at the dining table. "So. Whaddaya want for breakfast?" I asked him. He looked at the ceiling and made a loud humming sound "I dunno. What are you gonna have?" He asked resting his head on the table. "Imma have coffee. I don't like to eat in the morning." I said heading to the cupboard. "How boring." He said with a sigh, I boiled the water rolling my eyes "Are ya gonna decide or not?" He giggled "Will you get mad if I don't decide?" He asked me, he enjoys making me mad or annoying me. "Nothing. You can't see, which means you can't make yourself breakfast and even if you try you'll fail. It'll be hilarious to watch." I said, I didn't really mean it since the kitchen would be a mess and I absolutely hate messes and Lance might hurt himself which is the last thing I need. "Alright. You win. I want a muffin." He said, his head still resting on the table. I opened the cupboard and oddly enough there was a muffin. "How'd that get there? When did I buy a muffin? Lance?" I looked at him and he was laughing. "What?" I asked in a confused tone. "I bought a packet of muffins!" He said flinging his hands into the air with a giant smile on his face. I took a sip of my coffee "How....exactly....did....you....buy a...packet of muffins?" I looked at him perplexed, he winked at me. "I walked to the store, went to the bread section, picked up a packet of muffins, placed them on thr conveyor belt, the cashier scanned them and then I paid for them." He replied, I was even more confused. "Maybe my question wasn't very clear. HOW DID YOU WALK TO THE STORE AND BUY A PACKET OF MUFFINS AND RETURN HOME TO PLACE THEM IN THE CUPBOARD WHEN YOU NEED SOMEONE TO HELP YOU!?" I yelled.....crap.....I shouldn't have yelled......I excpected him to yell back but instead he was laughing hysterically. "Why are you laughing!?" Now I was annoyed  and confused. "Are you annoyed?" Were the only words that came out of my mouth........my lower lip slowly opened and I let out a soft gasp....he didn't go to the store and buy the packet of muffins......it was a trick to annoy me. Welp, I fell right into that one. Now he was bursting out laughing, he sounded like a dying seal while holding his stomach as tears flew out his eyes. "I love you Keith. You're the perfect target!" I squinted my eyes at him "Fuck you." I mumbled. "Get your stupid muffin yourself. I'm gonna go outside to train." I said putting my empty cup in the sink. "Awww......don't be that way. It was just a prank. Shiro and I bought the muffins when you went to this weapon store with Pidge cause they were having sales and stuff and Shiro was looking after me so I came up with this prank. I didn't tell Shiro though, if I did; I'd get lectured. So pleease forgive me." He said while wrapping his arms around my waist and resting his head on my shoulder. I sighed "Okay. I forgive you, but don't do it again or I'm gonna leave you home alone for an entire day." I said "I won't. I promise." He replied. "Go have your muffin. I'm gonna train." I said ruffling his hair "Why must you train?" He sulked "Cause I've always gotta be prepared." I said "That's stupid." He blatantly said. "You're stupid." I replied "Whatever. I'm gonna eat my muffin." He smirked and kissed my neck. "Have fun fighting your imaginations." He said and reached his hand to the table then followed it to his chair, sat down and started eating  his muffin. I went outside to go and train.