My Cat

It looked like my cat. It sounded like my cat. But my cat has never acted so strangely. I sat on my bed and rubbed my tired eyes. I opened them slowly. My Persian was still there - standing on her back legs, holding a coffee cup with her furry paws. It sipped the warm liquid I bought a couple of minutes ago, never looking away.

"Did you... j-j-just... Can you... d-d-drink... coffee?" I stuttered, then laughed at myself. I was talking to my cat! My own cat!!

"Indeed, I can" she replied,"but it's not as good as the bottle of Fanta in the fridge."

I wanted to scream because my cat talked to me. But nothing came out of my mouth. As I sat there with my mouth opening and closing like a retarded fish, she walked gracefully like a human. Except more furry and short.

My legs dragged me to the kitchen, where I saw her rummaging through the bottom cupboards (she's too short for the higher ones). I gasped as the cat pulled out a bar of chocolate.

I sprinted across the kitchen to grab my beloved milk chocolate from the Persian, but tripped over the coffee she was drinking. The warm liquid spilt all over my jeans and I could feel it soaking through the material, through my skin and into my veins.

I heard a demonic laugh beside me and I looked up. My Persian was losing her fur rapidly and she was growing taller and taller every second. Or was I shrinking?

Soon enough, a naked woman was staring at me. But she was rather large. I tried to get up on my legs, but it was very difficult to walk. I looked down nervously.

Instead of my jeans, we're layers of white fur. My hands were tiny and my nails were unnaturally long and sharp. It took my one horrific second to realise that I was a Persian cat.

I screamed but only a howl came out. I felt sick and coughed up a fur ball. My senses became so strong, that everything that I smelt and heard was so strong. I hissed and meowed but nothing would change me back.

Then I remembered. The old and wrinkly lady at the deserted café was right. 'Never let your pet drink this coffee.' I thought she was crazy, but if you told me that demons, wizards, vampires and werewolves were real, I would've believed you.

"Now, you shall pay!! Pay for all the things you did to me. How badly you treated me!" She screamed.

I hissed and leaped out of the kitchen window and into the morning sky.