-1-

Eliza's POV:

The doorbell rang, waking me up. It was 7:00am and my parents were heading out for a business meeting.

"CHARLIE IS HERE! WE'RE LEAVING FOR THE MEETING NOW. THERE'S MONEY ON THE COUNTER FOR LUNCH!" My mum shouted up to me.

I jumped out of bed, threw on a hoodie and speed walked downstairs because 1) they'll complain, nonstop, that I didn't say goodbye and 2) my room is such a mess and I didn't want Charlie coming up.

"They've literally just left." A voice called out from the kitchen.

"Morning Jones." I yawned, sitting on one of the bar stools. "Hey! You need to stop eating my favourite cereal!"

Charlie rummaged to the back of the cupboard, pulled out a box of cocopops and poured them into a bowl before sitting down next to me.

"So, what'd wanna do today?" He asked, placing a spoon of cereal into his mouth.

"I don't know. Ugh, I've got so much coursework to catch up on for school though. I'm debating whether to do it all today or spread it over the next week." I replied.

"Well I didn't come all the way over here-"

"Charlie, you live down the road!" I interrupted.

"-to listen to you complain about assignments. Let's do something." He continued.

"How about shopping? What about Westfield? Like I know it's a long train journey but a trip up to London would do me good, you know, get away from the piles of work I have to do." I suggested

"Sounds great!"

This must be a special occasion. Charlie never wants to go shopping. He always buys his clothes either online or goes out with his friends and always moans that I take too long, so he must be desperate to get out.

"I'll head back to mine to get ready, pop round in an hour or so and I'll drive us to the station." He smiled before walking to the front door.

He practically lives round mine, he's like an extra brother. Although my actual brother has moved to Australia after a big business promotion, my parents have kind of adopted Charlie as their temporary son.

I ran upstairs, knowing that I don't have too much time to get ready, hopped in the shower, dried my long dark hair before loosely curling it, applying some makeup and getting changed into black ripped skinny jeans, a white top, khaki bomber jacket and a pair of converse. After packing my bag and grabbing my keys, I headed over to Charlie's house.

I stood on the doorstep and rang the doorbell.

"Morning, how are you love?" Charlie's mum asked as I stepped into their house. "He's not quite ready yet. Would you like a cuppa or anything?"

"I'm okay thank you."

I was so surprised at the fact that Charlie Jones took longer to get ready than I did.