Prologue

"Ms. Rose, I understand that you have been at the top of the class for a while," My teacher, Mr. Lancee pulled me aside as soon as the bell rang. I nodded, and stared down my boyfriend, Aaron. He waved me off, and I felt my phone beep in my pocket. "I would like you to be my assistant, if you ever think of teaching. Or perhaps even a teacher at this school! I admire your hard work." He pat my shoulder, gave it a hasty squeeze, and left me to gather my things.

I had always been awkward around teachers, since they adored me and my smarts so much. Most the time I would just nod when they were talking to me. Sighing, I looked out the window. At the position of the moon, I would say it was about 11:30. I groaned, then hurried out of the classroom. Assuming that my boyfriend had already left, I decided to walk home.

I know, I know, dumb decision, right? Extremely.

My shoes tapped rhythmically on the hard concrete while I hummed, carrying my duffel bag full of books and journals. I came to an intersection, and quickly crossed the road before anyone could go. A small, unnoticeable alley way caught my attention. I sauntered over to it, then, changed my mind and tried to go back. But, unfortunately, two men were in my way.

One had a cigarette in his mouth, while the other held a knife. I tried to scream, but the man with the cigar clapped his hand over my mouth. "I'm Nicholas, and this is," he gestured to the other man. "Ellis." His hand was removed from my mouth. I gasped for air, and dropped my bag. They exchanged a look, then snickered softly. "And we're here to rape you."

What? You don't just tell a person that. You would have to been insane, right?

I gave a short laugh, then saw the gleam of seriousness in their eyes. I stepped backwards, and shook my head. "No," I said, firmly. "N-no, you're n-not." I gasped in disbelief when Ellis pulled my skirt down. He pushed me up against a wall, then fondled with my panties. "What cute underwear you got there," He cooed mockingly. "What a shame I'm gonna have ta' shred it." I attempted to cry out for help, but no sound came.

My throat was completely closed, and I could barely breathe. I gasped for air, then felt a smack on my butt. Nicholas came closer, then lunged for my lips. I resisted him at first, but then came to a conclusion that nothing I did could help.

Cold tears ran down my cheeks as it all happened.