Part Two

Alicia wakes up in the outfit she wore yesterday and her phone in hand. The device vibrates with a new text and Alicia sleepily unlocks the screen and squints at it.

from Unknown Number:

a car will be at yours at 2 to pick you up. -H x

Alicia nearly drops her phone on her face as memories of the last day flood her brain. So that actually happened then. She saves the number in her phone and glances at the time. 10am.

Forcing her body out of bed, she kills time by making a delicious, healthy, breakfast of Cocoa Puffs. After, she tries to complete an assignment or two before she starts getting ready for the sound check. She may or may not actually get something done.

She makes her way to her small closet and picks out a blue sundress and nude color flats. Moving into the adjoining bathroom, she applies makeup and tames her mane of blonde curls. After, she checks the time again, 1:50pm. Okay then.

Eight minutes later, there is a knock on her door. She definitely does not run to it, if anyone asks, and opens it to a middle age man. “Are you Miss Alicia?” he asks with a smile.

“That’s me!” Alicia replies.

“Right this way. My name is Kody and I’ll be your driver this afternoon.”

The drive is only ten minutes long, pretty good considering the Seattle traffic. Or maybe the driver broke a few traffic laws, who knows. Nevertheless, Alicia arrives to the arena on time and waits outside the venue with the other fans waiting to enter. She quietly plays with the necklace that has her sound check and backstage pass attached to it.

True to their word, everyone is in their seats by 2:30, Alicia being in front row. At 2:33, there are five young boybanders shuffling onto the stage and the three rows of fans erupt into cheers and screams. Harry is the last to come on stage and he is scanning the rows, only pausing when his eyes land on Alicia and his face breaks out into a grin as he gives her a wave.

Alicia blushes and she gives him a small wave back which he beams at.

“Welcome! How is everybody doin’ today!?” Niall yells into the microphone and after receiving shouts of answers, they proceed into the sound check.

And if it looked like Harry continuously glanced at Alicia and winked at her throughout the entire event, he probably was. Let’s face it, it was completely obvious with the blush that washed over Alicia’s face every time he did it.

+ + +

The sound check comes to an end with the one and only What Makes You Beautiful. Alicia waits in her seat for a moment while everyone around her files out of the arena and into the waiting traffic. She figures that she should wait until the place clears a bit before going to find the way to get backstage. After seven more minutes, she gets up to wander and pass time until she goes backstage.

She is almost to the merchandise stand when a voice from behind her says, “Excuse me, are you Alicia?” Alicia flips around to see a security and wordlessly nods her head and hold up her backstage pass. “Great, follow me,” the guard says.

He leads her through another round of security and then down a hallway. After passing several doors, he opens one up to reveal a big rec room. There are couches as well as food tables set up buffet-style and a television going with video games in the back. There is a woman sitting on the closest couch and as soon as they enter the room, she sits up straighter and gives Alicia a big smile. “Hey, sweetheart! You must be Alicia!” The woman gets up and gives her a small hug, “I’m Lou, the hairdresser.”