Pretty Hurts (Zarry)

Prompt by @ziamking: Zayn is in love with Harry but Harry is completely oblivious and being a flirt with both the guys and ladies. Zayn notices that Harry seems attracted to skinny guys and girls and starts to develop anorexia. Will Harry notice?

Zayn's POV:

Those curls, they continue to put me in a trance. His smile is infectious and those eyes are as soothing as the ocean.

I Zayn Malik, am hopelessly in love with my friend Harry Styles.

Sadly, that chum doesn't seem to notice and will likely always see me as just that pal. Nothing more, nothing less.

I'm not skinny enough for him., I think. 

Maybe he'd notice if I became that which he desired? He always seems to go for the skinny twinky blokes or the super model looking gals.

They say that your greatest aspiration in life is to be happy.

Lies, nothing but lies. 

Whenever I feel an ounce of happiness in my body, it's with Harry. Though it's usually short-lived as he always ditches me for someone more attractive. I am nothing more but a mere distraction.

Fat, that's all I am. I need to get rid of it. Maybe I'd be happy with myself? 

I will eat the bare minimum. I will undergo an intense workout and diet regimen and strive to be that which his heart desires even if it kills me. 

Third Person POV:

That's what Zayn did. He strived for perfection and nearly killed himself by starving himself day in and day out. He was constantly on the run. All of the cardio that he has been undergoing haD made his body slim. His ribs were beginning to stick out. He clearly liked what he saw as he smiled when he took a glance of himself naked in the mirror.

"Maybe I'll be good enough for Harry now".

The sad thing is that no one seemed to care. Harry continued to flirt with random ladies and gents, and rarely even paid attention to his best mate. Zayn was killing himself slowly without any notice.

It was a Friday afternoon. The heat was scorching that day while Zayn was on his daily morning run. He was beginning to feel light headed. That didn't stop him from pressing on. His desire to be skinny became an addiction. He no longer cared about the consequences and no matter how runned down his body got; he refused to give in.

Eventually, his body came to a halt. He could no longer handle the strain from all the excessive excercise and fasting. In a mere matter of seconds, he collapsed on the side of the road.

He had lost.

Harry's POV:

 I had just spent the afternoon with Mercedes. she was such a babe. 

The roads were oddly quiet today. The breeze was cool and refreshing, but the silence was really chilling. This part of town was always filled with life; today it felt like a wasteland.

As I was passing by the main road here; I saw a body lying on the side of the road. 

I rushed over to see if they were breathing and to my horror, it was Zayn. I called the ambulance and immeaditely administating him CPR. Those lips felt so good.

Wow Harry, you're really an ass for thinking like that when your friend is nearly on his deathbed.

His breathing was slowing down. 

Reality sunk in. While I was trying to find a good lay, I had completely abondoned him. 

I vowed to be there for him from now until the end of time.

The ambulance's sirens echoed in the distance. I did everything within my power to help. It was up to fate now. It would determine whether I had another shot at something. Those luscious lips gave me a very odd feeling in the pit of my stomach. What was it?

Two men quickly pulled Zayn on the bed. 

I debriefed both of them on the condition I found him and what I tried to do, while we waited. They nodded and quickly got into the vehicle and took off.

I quickly got in my convertible and made my way to the hospital with haste. This couldn't be the end, I refused. I vowed to be a better friend, a better person. The flirt was no more.

When I got there, the lady at the receptition told me that he was intensive care. I had no clue what was about to happen but I knew one thing, I would be there for him.

The minutes passing by were aganozingly slow.  The ER waiting room was full of whining children which bothered me to no end. 

I flipped through my smartphone and noticed an unread message.

It was from Zayn.

"Harry, I'm sorry that I'm not good enough."

The message was heartbreaking, I really never meant to hurt him. I'm Harry, the flirt; but maybe I can be something more than that?

Hours went by and I had it. I went to the nursing station and asked to see whether they were still working on him.

The lady asked about my relationship with the patient.

I quickly responded with boy friend.

Holy shit, that was a freudian slip. I love Zayn and all but I never thought of him as someone I'd date.

Anyways, she told me that they were able to stabalize him and that I could go in and visit him.

I quickly made my way to his room.

To my surprise, he was conscious. I sighed with relief.

"Hey Zayn, it's Harry. You gave me a fright mate."

"What happened?"

"Zayn mate, I found you on the side of the road. You were out cold and I tried to give you some CPR until the ambulance arrived"

"You mean, your lips were on mine?", Zayn gasped.

"Ummmm, can you do CPR any other way Zee?"

"Asshole".

"I see that you're back to your old self. Now tell me something, why did you send me the last text?"

"Oh that, it was nothing Harry."

"Bullshit, I want the truth now,"

"Come closer Harry."

At that moment Zayn pressed his lips on mind and I began to feel lightheaded. Is that was love was? 

"So, I take it you have feelings for me?"

"Finally, you get it Harold. I've always fancied you but you never noticed. I starved myself because I thought I wasn't skinny enough for you. I feel like you never would give me the time of day."

"You mean you're in here because of me Zee?"

"Yes."

Hearing that really put everything into perspective.

"Zayn, you have always been beautiful. I just never really thought of us as a couple but that kiss changed everything. I felt something and I bet you're laughing since I sound like a cheesy romance novel. I love you Zayn Malik"

Zayn's POV:

They say that pretty hurts, They were right. I no longer cared about that, now that Harry was mine.

 @Akshaya_1Dlover you're amazing and here's the Zarry one-shot I promised a while back. Thanks for being patient.