Chapter one the past and a new beginning

Charli's POV

"Jordan NO don't leave me please, you can't leave me, I'm so sorry, this is all my fault I'm so sorry!" I shout at my one and only beloved, practically dying brother

"Char" he breathlessly replies " please don't think this was your fault, don't blame yourself, you did nothing wrong " he stops talking and inhales deeply before continuing "I was the idiot"

"No Jords, I, I shou" before I can continue speaking Jordan quietly shushes me.

"Charli listen to me, you have been the best sister I could have possibly asked for, you were always there for me when they weren't, you never let me have to see all the horrible things that went on and I can't ever thank you enough, I'm sorry I won't be there for you, to see you have children and on your wedding day and "

NO you will be there" I interrupt " you'll get through this I know you will, we will be ok" I practically shout, tears rushing down my face.

"Char, you know that's not true", "come ere" he says.

I quietly stand up off my knees as he moves over in his hospital bed to make room for me, I gently lie next to him as we hold hands cuddling together.

"After all this, I want you to go far away, I want you to go someone and start fresh, i want you to be happy, I want you to find love and all the other things you want in life, but most of all I just want you to be happy, ok sis?" He says to me, weakly.

"Ok" I mange to stutter out as tears rush down my face like a tap.

"Promise me " he says looking into my eyes, as he holds his pinky out.

"I, i, promise Jords " i interlock my pinky between his.

"Don't worry about anything, I'll always be watching from above" he says with a small smile, his eyes glossy with tears threatening to fall.

For the next 4 hours we talk about all our good memories together as kids and young teens, not mentioning any of the bad stuff, untill we fall asleep, holding hands, laying together in his ICU ward hospital bed.

"I love you Jordie" I whisper as a few tears escape my eyes.

"I love you more Char" Jords replies as I feel one of his tears hit my shoulder.

*************

"Charlotte Delany" i hear my name.

Opening my eyes I see a doctor in front of me, I also realise I'm now sitting in a chair in Jords hospital ward room and no longer his bed.

"Miss Delaney, it's my in my deepest regrets that I must inform you that your younger brother, Jordan, passed away in his sleep last night"

My ears start ringing and my vision is going blurring

"Your younger brother, Jordan, passed away in his sleep last night"

It's all I hear. Over and over and over again.

**********

My eyes dart open as I jolt up in bed, cold sweat and tears cover my face from the nightmare, I run my fingers through my long blonde hair before getting up out of bed.