The Impossible Planet

The TARDIS materializes in a very tight space. The Doctor and Jennifer stepped out of the TARDIS. "I don't know what's wrong though. She's sort of queasy. Indigestion, like she didn't want to land," The Doctor said. "If you think there's going to be trouble, we could always get back inside and go somewhere else," Jennifer said. Then they both started to laugh. They stopped and looked around. "I think we've landed inside a cupboard. Here we go," The Doctor said.

'Open door 15,' A voice said. "Some sort of base. Moon base, sea base, space base. They build these things out of kits," The Doctor said. 'Close door 15,' The voice said. "Glad we're indoors. It's sounds like a storm out there," Jennifer said. The Doctor opened a door. 'Open door 16.'

The Doctor and Jennifer walked in a corridor. "Human design. You've got a thing about kits. This place was put together like a flat pack wardrobe, only bigger. And easier," The Doctor said. The Doctor opened a door.

Open door 17

They walked in a room with tables and chairs. "Oh, it's a sanctuary base," The Doctor said. Jennifer closed the door. "Deep Space exploration. We've gone way out," The Doctor said. Jennifer walked over to him. "And listen to that, underneath. Someone's drilling," The Doctor said. Jennifer looked up and read something on the wall. "Welcome to hell."

"Oh, it's not that bad," The Doctor said. "No, over there," Jennifer said with a little giggle, pointed at the wall. The Doctor looked. The words were painted on the wall in big block letters, and a vertical alien script underneath. The Doctor frowned. "Hold on, what does that say?" The Doctor asked as he walked over to the wall. Jennifer followed. "That's weird, it won't translate," The Doctor said.

"But I thought the TARDIS translated everything, writing as well. We should see English," Jennifer pointed out. "Exactly. If that's not working, then it means this writing is old. Very old. Impossibly old. We should find out who's in charge," The Doctor said. He started to spin the wheel on another bulkhead door. "We've gone beyond the reach of the TARDIS' knowledge. Not a good move. And if someone's lucky enough --" The Doctor said. 'Open door 19.'

Aliens with tentacles were standing outside the door. They all have a tube going in behind the tentacles, and carry a white globe in their right hands which they use for communication. "Oh! Right. Hello. Sorry. I was just saying, er, nice base," The Doctor said. "We must feed," They all said. "You've got to what?" The Doctor asked. "We must feed," They repeated. "I think they mean us," Jennifer said. The Aliens entered and Jennifer and The Doctor back away.

"We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed," They repeated. More entered from other doors. The Doctor pulled out his Sonic Screwdriver while Jennifer picked up a chair. "We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed. We must feed," They repeated. "We must feed," A alien said and then it taps the globe. "You, if you are hungry."

"Sorry?" The Doctor asked. "We apologise. Electromagnetics have interfered with speech systems. Would you like some refreshment?" It said. 'Open door 18.' Three people entered. "What the hell? How did?" A man asked. The Aliens make way for the newcomers. The lead man uses a wrist-comm. "Captain, you're not going to believe this. We've got people. Out of nowhere. I mean, real people. I mean two living people, just standing here right in front of me."

"Don't be stupid, that's impossible," A man's voice said. "I suggest telling them that," The man said. "But you're a sort of space base. You must have visitors now and then. It can't be that impossible," Jennifer said. "You're telling me you don't know where you are?" The man asked. "No idea. More fun that way," The Doctor said with a grin. "Stand by, everyone. Buckle down. We have incoming. And it's a big one. Quake point five on its way," A woman's voice said. The man ran to a door and opened it. "Through here, now. Quickly, come on! Move!" The man said. They all ran to the door.