Back to school party

"Kaaaaate." I whine to my best friend. She looks up from her laptop and stares at me.
"Liiiiiizz." She mocks me. "You are going to school tomorrow, now stop whining and let me watch Twilight." I roll my eyes and plop back onto her bed.
"But..."
"No buts." She pauses her movie and points a finger at me.
"Kate."
"Elizabeth Abigail Hall!" She scolds and stands up. She crosses her arms and paces back and forth while I watch with amusement.
"I know!" She squeals suddenly and grabs my arm pulling me up.
"Lets go shopping!" She giggles at her idea and I know there is no way to reason with her so I get dressed. I hate shopping, and the only way Kate actually gets me to go is she buys me food.

***
"Kate. We've been shopping for 3 hours straight. Can we pleeeease go get food?"
"Okay fine, let me just buy you a dress for the party tonight!" She chirps. Oh no, I don't go to parties, or wear dresses, plus that will take another 3 hours.
"Party? What party? And food then shop?" I try to bargain.
"Dylan's end of summer party duh. And nope we are going to find you a dress." She smiles and pulls me into Macy's. I sigh and follow her towards the dresses. Dylan is one of the popular and I'm pretty sure bad boy of the school. He's an ass that's full of himself. He try's to flirt with everybody and I'm pretty sure he's slept with every girl in the school. He throws parties for every occasion, from end of summer, to Halloween to Martin Luther kings day. So basically he's always throwing parties although I've never actually seen him at one of his parties which I'd say is off but we all know what he's doing. (👉👌)... so besides Dylan being a total jerk, he's a good looking jerk. He looks like a model. He has black hair and brown eyes. He wears cute nerd glasses sometimes and I ogle over guys with nerd glasses.
"Oh my god! Look at this Liz! It's beautiful!" My best friend grins and holds up a sparkly blue, strapless dress. She holds it up to herself and it looks like it will end a bit above mid thigh.
"I'm going to try this on, try to find something." She giggles and runs towards the dressing rooms. We are so not alike in personality but we do look somewhat similar. We have the same long pin straight hair except hers is brown. I have blonde hair. We both have blue eyes and a similar body structure. She has darker skin that comes from her Hawaiian culture while I'm as pale as a ghost. It's probably from my sitting inside all day eating junk food. I eat a lot of food and somehow I'm still skinny.
"Oh my god!" I hear Kate screech. I quickly run towards where she's standing in the blue dress staring at her phone.
"What?!"
"I just got the secret Santa email!" She cheers.
"Who is it?" Our school plays secret Santa every year during the first semester. It started around 20 years ago when some guy was trying to get a girls attention. By the next year the school decided they should have everyone be included. It's not a mandatory thing, but mostly everyone plays. If you don't know what secret Santa is, it's a game usually played around Christmas time. It's where everyone in the group gets a different person and they have to give them a gift secretly. No one knows who their gift giver is.
"I got Austin!" She smiles. Kate has had a crush on Austin since freshman year. He's also popular like Dylan and also his best friend. They are very similar with personalities but looks are opposite. Austin has blonde hair and blue eyes. He's a bit short but has huge muscles... like I care. There's also Gabe who's Austins twin brother. The three are always together and always doing something to get them in trouble.
"That's cool." I smile at my best friend.
"Who did you get?" She questions. I quickly pull out my phone. I want to get some unpopular guy, someone that doesn't talk a lot or someone I've never talked to before. Maybe some new kid? I pull up my email and see name I got. No way.
"No. Oh please no."
"Who'd you get?"
"Dylan. I got Dylan. Just great." I roll my eyes.
"That's so cool!"
"No it's not cool! He probably doesn't even know my name!"
"Dude he's tried to flirt with you before."
"He flirts with everyone." I pout.
"Whatever so how's my dress?" I look at the skin tight blue sparkly dress.
"You look good." I smile.
"Well now it's time to find yours!" Kate jumps up and down before running down an aisle.

***
"Why did we come here again?!" I shout over the loud music as we walk through the front door of Dylan's house. I instantly smell alcohol.
"Relax and have fun! You look smokin hot!" Kate screams back. I admit I do look pretty good. I chose a black, long sleeve, skin tight dress that fits my curves perfectly. It's about mid thigh and has a low v-neck showing my cleavage. My black wedges are comfortable because I've worn them in considering I've been wearing the same pair to every party since freshman year. To think I'm a senior now and I've grown about an inch since I started high school.
"I'm going to go." Kate starts and pretends to smoke a cigarette. I nod my head knowing that's exactly what she's going to do. That's when I wonder over to the kitchen pushing my way through the crowd. School starts tomorrow and I'm not ready so may as well let myself loose.
"Punch?" Some guy behind the table asks. There's a punch bowl and cups. I nod my head and watch the kid pour punch into a cup and hand it to me. I take a sip feeling the alcohol burn my throat as it goes down. I stare at the kid who looks young like an 8th grader or maybe a freshman.
"Why are you here pouring punch rather than enjoying the party?" I question.
"My brother doesn't let me, he said I can either stay in my room or serve punch." He shrugs.
"Wait Dylan is your brother?" He nods timidly.
"Who knew." I throw one hand in the air while keeping the other one steady with my punch.
"I'm a freshman this year, he said I can start going to parties after this one." He smiles.
"Well, what's your name freshie?" I reach over the table and ruffle his hair. He pouts at my actions.
"My name is um," he scratches his head. "John, my name is John." He smiles proudly.
"Are you sure that's your name?" I laugh as I finish my punch and motion him to pour me more. He does as he seems to think hard about what he's going to say.
"People call me Johnny but it seems childish."
"Sorry to hear that Johnny." I laugh.
"Just call me John, pleeease?" He begs.
"Depends on my mood." I smile and walk away. I want to dance. I chug my drink down and throw it somewhere on my right and run into the living room where the dance floor is. I move my body to the music and let myself free. I feel hands on my hips and I turn to see some guy named Dick. Okay his name is Richard but sometimes people call him Dick cause he is.
"How you doing baby girl?" He whisper in my ear causing shivers to go down my spine. I don't answer and continue to dance. He grabs my hips harder causing me to yelp in pain. I try to push myself away but he pulls me closer.
"Let go of me!" I scream.
"No can do." He whispers. I try to pull myself away but me only being 5'1 weighing 105 pounds, I can't move much.
"Let go of me Richard! You are a dick! Let go of me!" I whine. I feel hot tears starting to form. Suddenly I'm pushed off of him and see someone punching Richard. I feel someone put their arm around my waist and I look up to see Gabe smirking at me. Dylan then turns around and looks at me with a small smile. His fist is bloody from punching Richard. I stare wide eyed at Dylan. Did he just save me? I feel another arm around my shoulders and I look up and see Austin. Well this is awkward.
"The girl said no, get out of my party." Dylan points towards the door. Richard slightly nods his head and walks out the door stumbling a little from the amount of alcohol that he's consumed.
"Are you okay Liz?" Dylan comes close to me and bends down slightly. I look into his chocolate brown eyes that show concern. I nod and open my mouth to say something but my best friend beats me to it.
"Oh my gosh Liz! What happened?! Lets get out of here!" She grabs my arm and the guys arms loosen as she pulls me away saving me from the awkwardness. I look behind me at the three and mouth thank you. Maybe they aren't so bad after all. Maybe the secret Santa game won't be so bad. At least I have a reason to give him some good gifts.