f o u r t e e n

That evening was really something else. Everything was crumpling inside my head that I literally walked around like a middle aged woman who lost her sanity. Luckily I brought my shades with me so it saved me from being seen all messed up by the publicㅡ it was hard being an idol's 'girlfriend'. You just had to always take care of your image because the public was always there with you, observing every single step that you took.

I did realize that those people on the bus were staring at me when I first got in it. Yeah my 'boyfriend' was an idol named Kang Minhyuk, I shouldn't have taken the bus to go home, but I just couldn't care less. Let the media see me taking a bus home, let the whole world know an idol let his girlfriend rode a bus. Would Minhyuk care if he knew? I guess not.

When I arrived at my doorstep, a brown medium sized box placed in front of the door caught my eyes. I chuckled a bit as soon as I saw a small yellow post-it note on itㅡ I knew the handwriting very well.

"You shouldn't go around crying, leaving behind your groceries. This is why you won't make a good housewife.

-HandsomeCheol."

Aw shut it, stalker. Seungcheol was always so sweet and thoughtful, although I had no idea how he managed to find my addressㅡ no, Kang Minhyuk's address. I really needeed to stop referring everything his as my own now.

Chichi and Ttatta ran to the door, greeting me when I punched the password in. It felt like I came home to my own little kids. Well, at least these kids cared about me. Damn it why does everything around me reminds me of him?

I carried the box in and kept the groceries in the fridge after cleaning it up a bit. It felt like home, if home was the right term for this shelter we shared.

Just after I sat on the couch and turned on the TV, I heard someone opening the door. Chichi and Ttatta ran towards the door, as always. Weirdly Minhyuk ran inside, heavily breathing as he kneeled down and pressed his palms on the floor to support his weight as soon as he saw me. He was drenched with sweat like he just worked out at a gym. Did he come home running?

"Why Hyojin? I was so worried.." he sighed with his hitched breath, still looking at the floor. I was perplexed and shocked, it was like my body was glued to the couch. I couldn't even react to him.

He slowly stood up and moved towards me, pulling me into his embrace. "Yah, did you know how worried I was?" He tighten the hug and placed his right palm at the back of my head, carressing my hair.

"W-why?" I stuttered. My heart felt like it wanted to jump out of my chest. My face felt hot, like my brain was melting inside of my head.

"You won't believe how fast I drove home as soon as I know about the mart incident. I'd never been so thankful to the media before." He broke the hug and held my shoulders, staring deep into my eyes. His gaze was mellow, I'd never seen such soft loving eyes in my entire life. "Were you scared?"

"No," I replied shortly as I stooped down my head. It was too much to handle looking straight to his sharp eyes.

I could mentally see his lopsided grin at me when he heard my answer. He knew very well that I had that damned phobia, why did he even ask? Suddenly I feel his arms hugging my waist, pulling me closer to him.

"Date me," he said, almost whispering. I looked up into his eyes and a soft nervous giggle came out of my mouth after that. Damn it.

I punched his chest jokingly with my right hand, "But we're already dating right." My laugh afterwards was so awkward and fake I actually thought of jumping out of the window.

His right hand moved to my chin, lifting up my gaze to meet his eyes. "Date me for real, Hyojin."

I must had been really crazy because it really didn't take long before I slammed my lips against his right after I heard those words. Well too bad, I was falling for him and I just couldn't control myself in front of him anymore. I'm a helpless fool anyway.

I could feel him smirking against my lips as he tilted his head to deepen the kiss. I'd never imagined I'd be dying to kiss this cow so much that I literally threw myself on him. All I know was that I want him. I want him all to myself, and it didn't need any further explanation.

¤

We stared at the pitch black turned off TV in silence after our make out session ended on the sofa. Awkwardly sitting next to him, I shifted my seat a little bit farther as my face couldn't help feeling hot remembering our kiss. I rested my hands on the couch beside my thighs, sometimes grabbing it to calm my heart down. It felt like running in an endless marathon.

Minhyuk placed his right hand on my left one, saying nothing but just sharing his warm temperature with me. I could hear his thumping heartbeat through the veins in his fingers. Does he feel the same way?

The sound of the ticking clock got louder and louder in the depth of our silence. I was speechless, I knew he was too. I didn't expect him to really be worried of my condition, and so did my feelings towards him. I thought it would stay unnoticed until the end of our 3 months dealㅡ and I was wrong, very wrong.

"I know this doesn't make any sense and it feels like it's too early but," Minhyuk grabbed my shoulders, making me turn to face him. I could see the sweat running down from his forehead though the air conditioner was on. The stern and nervous look on his soft face didn't help with my racing heart either.

"Will you marry me?"