❤1❤

*beep. beep.beep.*

Ugh stupid alarm!

I lifted my head out of the pillows and sat up in bed and reached for the alarm, shutting it off.

What time is it?

I rubbed my eyes and looked at the alarm.

6:00 okay enough time to get ready. Crazy-head, that's what alarms are for. I rolled my eyes at myself.

I got out of bed and walked into my bathroom, stripping and getting in the shower letting the warm water wash over my body. After cleaning, I stepped out and wrapped a towel around me. I brushed my teeth, and washed my face. After getting changed into my outfit ((just imagine the common nerd outfit))  I pulled my hair back into a high ponytail, afterwards, my blonde hair reached my waist. I grabbed my glasses and put them on.

When I was done getting ready it was 6:43. Okay.

I jogged downstairs and grabbed a banana off the counter.

"Bye, mom, see you later!"

I opened the door, the humid air hitting my face. Ugh I have to walk to school in this weather? I shook my head and started the 6 minute walk.

Sooo I'm Gracie. But I'm guessing you already knew that. I'm 16 and go to Grand Bay High. And, you might be wondering why I don't dress, act, and talk like a nerd. I'm certainly treated like a nerd. And by that, I don't mean I get bullied. 'Cause I don't.

Well, maybe I do a little but I've been doing this for awhile. It'll all be explained in time, my little shnoochi-bears. Anyways. Boyfriends? Had two. Secretly. Let's just say, they... didn't work out. But for now, I wanna be single!

Boy, would my train of thought change after that day.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After inside the school, I started looking for my friends on my way to my locker. It's funny that I even have friends (being the nerd that I am) especially since they are decently popular. I reached my locker and looked for firey red hair. I stood on my tiptoes, and looked in the direction of Emily's locker. There! There she is. Her head was turned dpwn, looking at her phone while her thumbs were texting away.

"Emily!" I squealed. Ugh she didn't hear me.

"Emily!" I yelled a bit louder making a few students look at me weirdly. Em's head shot up and that smile that lit up her entire face took over her features. She instantly started speed-walking to my locker through the crowds of students.

"OH EM GEE GUESS WHAT?!" She practical yelled once she reacher my locker.

"OMG what!?" I was genuinly curious. She is definatly not the gossip type.

"There is a new boy here!" Should've known. Cue the eyeroll.

"He just transferred here, and has a sister!"

I sighed. "Em, really? I don't care about boys, remember?" 

"But Grace, he's HOT! Like steaming!"

I rolled my eyes at her.

"Have you even met the dude? He could be a complete douche."

She started shaking her head, making her red hair go all over the place.

"No, no, Chase talked to him and said he seemed cool! And his name is Nathan."

"Well, Chase can be a real douche at times, so he won't know when somebody else is being one." I snorted.

She furrowed her eyebrows,  but didn't have a chance to say anything cause two hands covered my eyes and a voice spoke. 

"Guess who?" He spoke in a really deep, husky voice.

I sighed again. "Speaking of the devil."

He removed his hands and stepped in front of me, by Emily.

"Devil?! With this fine looking hair?? I think not, Gracelyn-Ruby." He ran a hand through his fluffy blonde hair and posed a 'sexy' look.

I just rolled my eyes and started getting the things I would need out of my locker.

I looked down at my watch. 6:57.

I started walking to my first class with Chase site search we had this class together. We laughed and talked about the party last week, him telling me how I need to live life and go one of these days. We reached the classroom and walked in, to our seats. I scanned the room.

Oscar,

Tessa,

Anna,

What I saw next made me stop dead in my tracks, making Chase stop too, and look for what I saw.

There he was. I was impressed. He really was hot. Brown hair, a sharp jawline, and was standing by his desk on his phone. Just then he looked up at me, right dead in the eye. And he- he smiled! So I smiled back.

Should I go talk to him? Yes. Yes, I should.

Okay.

I took a few steps towards his desk and was almost there when my right foot stepped on my left foot, making me trip. I squenched my eyes, but instead of hitting the desk or floor, I felt a hand on each of my shoulders, steadying me. I opened my eyes and found myself starring into the soft brown eyes of Nathan. I think that's his name.

He spoke, breaking me out of my trance.

"Are you okay?" He had a worried look on his face.

I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, thank you."

He smiled back.

"So, I'm Gracelyn, but you can call me Grace" I giggled slightly.

He chuckled.

"Okay, Hi Grace, I'm-"

"Nathan, I know."

He raised an eyebrow.

My eyes widend as I realized how stalkerish that sounded.

"Oh, My friends, they... they like to gossip" I nervously chuckled. Stop, you're making a fool of yourself!

Just then, another arm was placed on  my shoulder from behind me as Nathan looked behind me, slightly confused.

Then I heard Chase's voice.

"You can take you're hands off of her now." He had his jaw clenched, I could tell, but why? I know he wasn't jealous... *sigh* whatever. Nathan removed his hands and smiled at Chase, who was still being me, then he smiled
at me.

"Um, Grace, I'll talk to you later?"

I smiled. "Yup. Welcome to Grand Bay!"

I turned around to face Chase as we walked to our desks.

"Chase, what the heck was that?"

He shook his head and said.

"Nothing. It's fine, forget it."

I furrowed my eyebrows

"But-" 

*RING*

Saved by the bell, this time, Chase...

#################################################

Over 1000 words on this first chapter of my first book! Thank you reading😜

Goodbye

Peace out💖✌