Chapter 2

It has been about 9 months now since the apocalypse started. We have meet up with a very nice group with about 7 people and 2 children. It is now Daryl and I, Rick, Carol, Dale, T-Dog, Andrea, Carl, and Sophia.

       We have made our way up the interstate to a traffic jam. We all climbed out of our vehicles onto the hot asphalt. Daryl and I climbed off of his harley and looked around.  We only spotted about 2 walkers but Rick told us not to take action.

       Then all of a sudden everything took a turn for the worst. A herd of walkers came swarming in. We all picked a vehicle and climbed under it. I climbed under 1 truck and Daryl stayed out with T-dog. The herd slowly hobbled in on us. Sophia started to cry and one walker heard her. The walker plopped down on the road and started to go after her. She jumped out from under the truck and ran toward the woods. Rick went running after her into the woods. About an hour later Rick came walking out without Sophia. Everyone lost it and Daryl ran in the woods in search for her.

       Today is going absolutely horrible. Daryl and I have barely spoke. He is been out looking for Sophia. She ran off about 2 hours ago and she has not yet returned to the group. Rick and Daryl have been out there searching for her and all of us have just been waiting in anguish.

        We have been waiting patiently watch the woods for Rick and Daryl to come back with Sophia. We heard the branches scratch. We all popped off the hood of the cars to see what was coming. Daryl and Rick came walking out slowly. I ran and jumped into Daryl's arms and kissed him passionately. In this apocalypse I have always prepared for the worst outcome so when I saw Daryl and Rick walk out of those woods I just couldn't help myself.

          3.....4.....5.....6 hours go by and we are still sitting on the interstate waiting for Sophia too return. Daryl and I finally make a move and go out looking one last time for Sophia.  We start rummaging around the woods looking for Sophia.  Daryl watches the ground for any sign that a living person has walked through. We see patterns of feet in the leaves but they are all jumbled like a herd of walkers came through.

         We come up on a patch of dirt that looks like someone has fallen in. There is a pool of blood and guts surrounding the displacement of dirt. Daryl for once in his life looks puzzled. We are both at a lost for words when Daryl finally speaks.

"This isnt human..... I have kill many deer and them guts aint from a person."

  "How do you know that is a deer and not a person?"I exclaimed

"That is deer hair right next to the blood not human." I walker must have got to it before it could get away."

"Oh so thats a good thing right..... I mean that it is a deer not Sophia?" I asked

"I dont know. If there is a walker that got this here deer it could have got Sophia to." Daryl groaned.

     We shuffled around so more and still no sign of Sophia. Finally we heard so rustling around about 4 yards to the left of where we are. Daryl and I creep over toward a bush and duck behind it. Daryl keeps me down while he looks over the bush to see what was making the noise. He slowly stood up and spoke. "Where yall from?"