Chapter 1 - Operation: Gather Info

Adams's POV

"Dude this shit is not right. We'll get in so much trouble for this." Freddy said as he gave a nervous  look. 

"It will be fun. I got all the information I need in order to get it." I said as I pull out our 'employees' badges. 

"Where you got these?" He asked me.

"I had Tim from computer lab to make us one exactly like the original."

"Where you got an original copy?

"Google, of course." I said with a little smirk.

"You have this so planned out. Anyway, when do we go in?" He asked, taking the fake employee badge from my hand. 

"Right now." I said, as I wrapped the badge strap around my neck, closing my car, making sure it is locked, then slowly walked towards the entrance of this highly guarded government facility. 

"I'm so scared, dude." Freddy said, doing the same with the fake badge and anxiously bit his nails as he walked besides me.

"Don't worry, buddy. We won't get caught. Tim is a pro."

"I hope you're right man. I can't go to prison."

"Shh, shush." I said to him softly as we approached the entrance where a security guard is checking the badges of other people. 

"Badge, please." The tall, muscular guy dressed in black said to us in a rather deep voice. I swallowed and removed the strap from around my neck, handing the badge to him. He looked at me weirdly then scanned the badge, handing it back to me. "You're new here it seems."

"Y-Yeah.. Yeah! Me and him." I said referring to Freddy. 

"Go right in." He said to me. I thanked him and walked through the gate, a beep of approval sounding as I walk through. I stood waiting for Freddy to pass through. Just as I thought we got through, three beeps sounded as he walked through the gate. "Step right here and empty your pockets please." The security guard said to him. He nodded and did so. "Ah, next time keep your fancy watches in your car." The security guard said laughing. Freddy nervously chuckling back. "See you both again." The guard said.

"Thank you. See you!" I said waving to the guard. 

"Dude I can't believe we got through." Freddy said with another nervous laugh. 

"I told you.... Tim knows what he is doing when it comes to these tech shit." I said laughing. 

We walked to the lobby where I saw a receptionist desk. We walked towards it and began speaking with the receptionist. 

"Hi, how can I help you?" He said to me.

"Hi, we're looking for the..." I paused looking down at the name of the lab from my phone. ".... Medical Lab for... unknown species." I said looking up at her after.

"May I see your ID's?" He asked me.

"Of course." I said, handing him my badge, he again scans it, then does the same to Freddy's badge. 

"Okay. You can go in the elevator, it's on the 3rd floor. When you get out on that floor, walk straight ahead, then you'd see the door name on the right." He said smiling at me. 

"Thank you so much, Sir."

"You are truly welcome." He said smiling again, looking at me as Freddy and I head towards the elevator lift. 

As we entered, Freddy pressed the button to the third floor, then joked about the receptionist having a crush on me. I laughed along and shook my head at his silliness. The elevator dinged, signalling our arrival at the third floor.