one

"minghao, you're going to have to learn to speak korean a lot better if you want to communicate well with the other students," a women said to the chinese boy sat in the chair in front of her.

"i know, i will try my best. thank you, mom," minghao politely said back.

"please learn not only how to speak but try your best to learn to read and write it. ask your fellow students for help."

"yes, mom. thank you."

his mom nodded at him and he was dismissed from the room.

how could i be so stupid? minghao thought.

he wasn't doing very good with learning the language, everytime he had lessons he got too distracted.

he walked through the school building until he came to the classroom that several of his other friends were in.

some were talking, some were writing, others were sitting there doing nothing.

and that's where he spotted the person he was looking for.

"junhui!"

minghao happily skipped over to him.

junhui smiled at him and motioned him to sit next to him.

"they say i need to learn korean better. i'm not sure if i'll be any good so i don't know if my other peers will like me or not," minghao confessed.

he was able to talk to junhui like this because he and junhui were both chinese and learning korean, though junhui was quite a bit better than him already.

"you'll be okay, just try to study hard and focus. i'm sure you'll be very good soon," junhui reassured minghao.

minghao nodded and thanked junhui before standing and walking out of the room to use the bathroom.

however, before he even came close, he bumped into kwon soonyoung, his fellow classmate.

"nǐ hǎo, minghao-ah!" he said brightly to him.

minghao sighed.

soonyoung was learning chinese just so he could talk to minghao and junhui because they were all in the home room together.

he was doing great and minghao barely knew how to say hello in korean correctly.

he could understand some of it, but spoke barely anything and could only read and write the word hello.

and that's what gave him an idea.

"soonyoung hyung! you want to learn chinese, i want to learn korean, we can teach each other," he said excitedly.

"that sounds great, minghao-ah! just text me whenever you want to meet," soonyoung said as he gave minghao a piece of paper and winked as he walked away.

i'm honestly really excited for this because i really love soonhao :')